cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Set Reminder - Auto Switchover

gary1970
Joining in

Is it possible for me to set up reminders but also forcing the box to auto swtchover to the relevant channel too. Im sure my 360 box has done this before in the past but I cant remember how I done it. Now Im just getting a pop up 5 minute warning notification at the designated programme start time. My old V6 box would do this as did my previous Sky boxes. I used this function for my elderly parents who do not always know channel numbers or are familiar navigating around the epg.

2 REPLIES 2

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

My understanding is that the channel will change if the popup goes unanswered.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thanks for your reply.
Yes. I thought thats how it happened previously (auto switching if no response), but lately it has not. Instead I just get the "5 Minute", "About To Start" and "Has Just Started" pop ups, but not auto switching. Does it depend on how far ahead the required programme is in the epg on how it responds?

Ive also noticed if its quite near to the programme start time it doesnot give the "Set Reminder" option anyway anyway?