cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Series links

ChrisB14
Joining in

Hi all.

I have just moved over to 360 and I know that I lost all my recordings and series links. But I took pictures of them and for reference. Can I set up a new series link on the 360 box for a series that currently isn't airing? 

I had alot of series links on my v6 box that I am hoping to transfer over so when they start up again they automatically record for me.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi ChrisB14 

Sorry to say but you'll need to keep your photo's for a bit longer. You can't set up series links for programs that  aren't currently being broadcast. Once they appear in the EPG you'll be able to set them up again.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi ChrisB14 

Sorry to say but you'll need to keep your photo's for a bit longer. You can't set up series links for programs that  aren't currently being broadcast. Once they appear in the EPG you'll be able to set them up again.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Hi newapollo,

Thanks for the answer, seems a little bit of a backwards step but will have to get use to it. 

Hopefully it will be in a virgin update to include this ability 

@ChrisB14 wrote:

Hi newapollo,

Thanks for the answer, seems a little bit of a backwards step but will have to get use to it. 

Hopefully it will be in a virgin update to include this ability 

It's probably unlikely, the series links on the V6\TiVo work in a very different way to the 360, so adding the feature would I imagine require a massive change to how the 360 works (TiVo also hold a lot of patents on PVR related functionality, which may include some things related to this). It's one of the many features missing from the 360 compared to the V6\TiVo, that we will probably mostly never get back (Undelete is the only one I can imagine they might end up reintroducing, as I very much doubt that is patented and doesn't seem like it should be too difficult to implement).

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If a previous series of a program is currently airing on the channel on which the next series will broadcast, you can create a series link from the program, using the new only parameter.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks