Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Series links 360

Hi all 

Just installed my two 360 boxes! And very annoyed I couldn’t copy my series links over from my TiVo box! Would not have bothered with the free upgrade if I knew that! 
I’m trying to add new series links but it just records and gives all catch up as well. and does not give me the option to select only new for series links any one know how you manage recordings and series links? Or am I being stupid! 

many thanks 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community elder
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Series links 360

You can no longer copy series over from one V6 to another V6 - let alone to a 360.

People should really read the user experiences before changing from V6 to 360 and then decide - it is not an upgrade experience but a new experience.

The 360 software is still being developed and so currently you can on set up a basic link on one channel at a time.

@Danny3073 wrote:

Hi all 

Just installed my two 360 boxes! And very annoyed I couldn’t copy my series links over from my TiVo box! Would not have bothered with the free upgrade if I knew that! 
I’m trying to add new series links but it just records and gives all catch up as well. and does not give me the option to select only new for series links any one know how you manage recordings and series links? Or am I being stupid! 

many thanks 

==================================
VIVID 600 (690/44mb) in Area 31
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Look at the lovely promotional email sells it well why would I not trust a company I’ve been with for over 10 years! It is virgins responsibility to notify its customers of these changes! Not the customer having to look though community sites to get answers! 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community elder
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I think the TiVo experience (stand and V6) is the best available in the UK with SkyQ second.

But I think it should be made clear that changing to the 360 is a totally new set-up and should not be compared to the TiVo software.

I think the long term plan will be that the 360 software - but much better than it is now - will be rolled out to everyone with a couple of years.

==================================
VIVID 600 (690/44mb) in Area 31
Highlighted
Dialled in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

If people think of it as an upgrade, it's because that's how Virgin have been pitching it to them.

I wouldn't advise anyone to take up the offer yet. Not because it's bad, but because it's not ready. It doesn't help that Virgin have limited the number of people who can deal with questions or problems on your account if you have a 360. It is proving very difficult to get hold of anyone who I can discuss my account with.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Fibre optic
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

@lennyv wrote:

If people think of it as an upgrade, it's because that's how Virgin have been pitching it to them.

I wouldn't advise anyone to take up the offer yet. Not because it's bad, but because it's not ready. It doesn't help that Virgin have limited the number of people who can deal with questions or problems on your account if you have a 360. It is proving very difficult to get hold of anyone who I can discuss my account with.

The times I've had to call about the 360 I have gone via retentions (thinking of leaving option) and asked to be transferred to the 360 team.  Haven't had difficulty getting hold of someone that way!

Highlighted
Dialled in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Would that we could all be so lucky! Were you calling about making a change to your contract or package? I wasted nearly two hours on Monday trying to get through to the team that is allowed to make changes to 360 accounts because every time someone tried to put me through using the number that they are instructed to put you through to the number was rerouted away from the right team and back to general customer help. 

Eventually someone told me that the team I needed to speak to just weren't available at all that day. Or the next day. They said they'd call me back Thursday to get it sorted, and were true to their word in calling me back, but it still wasn't possible for him to route me through to the right team. I can only speak for my personal experience of the 'amazing new TV experience', but you'd have to go some to make it more of a letdown than it has been.

0 Kudos