cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Series Link Issue

Fogolet
Joining in

Hi,

Ever since upgrading to 360 I've had issues with some series links. As an example I've set up a series link to record channel 4's countdown, the episodes show up on the guide as due to be recorded but they never record. I've reset the box and turned Auto delete off, there's plenty of disc space left. All very puzzling.

I've had similar issues with other series links. Anyone  any ideas on how to solve this?

7 REPLIES 7

1701-e
Superfast

Are they new episodes or repeats?   Change the series link to All or New Only depending on your preference 

Hi 1701-e,

The episodes are tagged as new so I've set the series link to record new episodes. This is about the fourth attempt. Looking at the list of planned recordings I only see one episode down for recording.

An earlier attempt resulted in some episodes being recorded but then decided not to record any further episodes. On another occasion I couldn't cancel the series link.

All in all it's a bit frustrating.

1701-e
Superfast

Try the ALL option.  It could be that some aren't correctly flagged as new 

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi Fogolet 

I've just had a quick look at the channel 4 app, and scrolled through there as far back May (I didn't go back any further) and all episodes of Countdown are available to watch via the app.  I've set up a series link commencing tomorrow so will keep an eye on what happens going forward.

How many 360 boxes do you have?  If you have two or more then you probably have one main box and the others will be mini boxes which don't have hard drives. You need the main box to be switched on so the recordings can take place.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Hi Newapollo,

We have 2 boxes each with their own hard drive, the second box is in our annexe which is set aside for my mother. It's her box that is set up to record Countdown. She's not particularly great with gadgets so I've helped set this up to record on her box. 

It all looks like it's correctly set up to record but i'm not confident it's going to work. I'll see how it behaves over the next few days if it fails I'll contact Virgin directly.

Thanks for your help.

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi again @Fogolet 

Thanks for updating the thread.

I've just done a bit of thinking 'outside the box' so to speak.   

Are all the failed recordings on your mothers box, or are they split between the boxes?

Is it possible that your mother is turning the box off, so rendering it unable to record?

Do you have any issues with recordings on your box?  If not then cancel the series recording of Countdown on your mothers box and then set it up again to record on your box instead.  You mother will still be able to access the recording.

Something else to consider.  Does your mother delete the program once she's watched it?  It's very easy to delete a recording and then press OK whilst the marker is still on dustbin (delete) icon and thus unintentionally deleting another recording which can't be recovered.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Fogolet
Joining in

Quick update, still doesn't consistently record Countdown and Emmerdale is equally troublesome. 

Mum is being to get use to tracking down the episodes using catch up but life would be easier if it recorded reliably, it's difficult for some elderly to switch tack.

Thanks for everyone's suggestions.