cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Second box only playing live tv

wildetoni
Joining in

So for some reason I was given 2 360 boxes rather than one main and a mini. For the last 2 weeks the second box won’t play the recordings, won’t play any apps and won’t play recording from the beginning, it will only play live tv and the bbc app. I’ve switched modem and both boxes off to reboot several times but still nothing. 

9 REPLIES 9

wildetoni
Joining in

So for some reason I was given 2 360 boxes rather than one main and a mini. For the last 2 weeks the second box won’t play the recordings, won’t play any apps and won’t play recording from the beginning, it will only play live tv and the bbc app. I’ve switched modem and both boxes off to reboot several times but still nothing. 

wildetoni
Joining in

Oh and forgot to say both are set to fast start 

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@wildetoni wrote:

So for some reason I was given 2 360 boxes

Do you mean two master boxes - or something else?

Are you getting any error code/messages when you try using OnDemand, apps or recordings? The more detail you can give, the better

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

roy247
Community elder

Is it the second box won't play recordings from the first box but play's recordings made on the second box.

How is it connected to the Virgin hub ethernet cable or wi-fi, are using your own router with the Virgin hub in modem mode. Have you checked Settings, System, Diagnostics for the network connection on the second box.

Yes two master boxes. When I try and play something from beginning it says playback not possible and CS2500 but also had another one saying failed to play recording CS2200

I only record on first box but won’t play on second but both are set as fast start. First box it’s aerial and Ethernet to rooter. Second is wifi. Yes checked settings and all says fine. 

Hi @wildetoni thanks for your post here in the Community, although we're sorry to hear of the concerns you've raised here. 

If you have both two main TV360 boxes, then they should both have their own hard drive and if the recordings aren't playing, then it does sound like a hard drive problem on the secondary box.

Does this still happen when you disable Fast Start, does it happen when you swap the boxes around (if possible) to each others' location?

Can you also ensure the coaxial connection is secure please and let us know how you get on?

Many thanks

Tom_W

It has only just stopped working. I have changed to active start and same issue. Everything is connected properly. 

Thank you for clarifying @wildetoni I'm going to pop you a PM so we can take a closer look. 

I will pop you a PM across now, please keep an eye out for the envelope at the top of your screen alerting you to a new message.