Menu
Plumbsafe
Joining in
Message 1 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Second V6 Box instead of Mini box

Recently upgraded to TV 360 and was sent a Mini box for the bedroom instead of the Tivo we were using and the Mrs is not a happy bunny.

Firstly, can we have a second V6 box instead of the mini box? we have coaxial and an Ethernet booster box in the bedroom so don't see why not. If yes what's the easiest option to get one as trying 150 at the moment involves quite a wait? or does a second box cause problems I'm not aware of.

Secondly, if the second V6 box is not an option can we go back to the original format and reinstall the Tivo box keeping the other half happy as she's not that impressed with the new format to be frank as she has lost some features she really liked.

Thanks guy and Galls 

Chris

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: Second V6 Box instead of Mini box

You can't mix TiVo/V6 & V360 on the same account, it's one or the other but not both.

I'm 99% sure sure the answer to "can I revert to TiVo/V6" is also "no", but others more familiar with the V360 will know for certain.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Plumbsafe
Joining in
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the input but thats not essentially what I'm asking.

We replaced the Tivo box in the bedroom with the mini box VM sent. We had an existing V6 box in the lounge that updater over the air to TV 360.

We would like to know if we can have a V6 in the bedroom to replace the mini box as the mini box has no hard drive so its capabilities are reduced from the old Tivo box.

If we cant have an additional V6 box to replace the mini box we would prefer to go back to the way we were before the update over the air with the V6 in the lounge and the Tivo in the bedroom and revert to the original format on both ie NO TV 360.

Thanks

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator

I think my answer is substantially correct for what you're asking.

But others can probably confirm - I'll page @BenMcr as the obvious candidate.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
BenMcr
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator

For a standalone V6 upgrade I think it is currently possible, but it would have to be via new kit delivery as it's not possible to revert the existing hardware back to being a V6. That won't always be the case though.

I honestly have no idea about what is possible where you've also had the Mini box out as well.

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
0 Kudos
roy247
Superfast
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi BenMcr,

If you currently upgrade to Ultimate oomph and you have 2 V6 boxes what do you now receive is it a 360 and a mini or 2 360 boxes ?

Roy

0 Kudos
Plumbsafe
Joining in
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator

I would have thought that the existing 2 V6 boxes would just update "over the air" when you decide to go for TV 360.

For me I would hold off "upgrading" to TV 360 as we have just done so in the last week or so and now wishing we hadn't. Take a look at the other threads about people who have changed over, not the best of reads as a lot of people aren't happy with the "new way" of doing things

Just my opinion though

0 Kudos
Plumbsafe
Joining in
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator

So are you saying "if" we wanted to go back to the way things were VM would have to send us out a new V6 box anyway ( not updated to TV 360 ) as our updated one cant go back to the original format?

Do you think we have a time constraint to decide if we don't like the new format ( say 14 days cooling off time ) and want to go back to the way things were?

0 Kudos
BenMcr
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 9 of 12
Flag for a moderator

@roy247 wrote:

Hi BenMcr,

If you currently upgrade to Ultimate oomph and you have 2 V6 boxes what do you now receive is it a 360 and a mini or 2 360 boxes ?

Roy

Currently as the software upgrade is an invite only thing, than any requested upgrade to Ultimate Oomph that includes a change to 360 is a change to one Main box and then a Mini box

Exactly details of what happens after any software upgrade option is fully launched hasn't been detailed as yet.

0 Kudos
BenMcr
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 10 of 12
Flag for a moderator

@Plumbsafe wrote:

So are you saying "if" we wanted to go back to the way things were VM would have to send us out a new V6 box anyway ( not updated to TV 360 ) as our updated one cant go back to the original format?

Do you think we have a time constraint to decide if we don't like the new format ( say 14 days cooling off time ) and want to go back to the way things were?

Yes it would have to be a hardware swap. I'm not aware of it having to be within a specific time period at the moment, but as the launch of Virgin TV 360 progresses that the rules for any option to go back to V6 may change.

0 Kudos