cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Second 360 TV mini box

Gilly19
Joining in

Do I need a second virgin media socket to connect the second 360 TV mini box? I wast told that …..

4 REPLIES 4

Tavis75
Super solver

Yep, the mini boxes need a normal coaxial connection from a VM socket as well as an internet connection (either wi-fi or ethernet)

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The mini box needs the coaxial connection in order to receive the live TV channels (the same as the main box)

I'm afraid you would need a tech visit  to install the second coaxial point. You can either call 150 and book the appointment, or wait a day or two for a member of the forum team to pick this up for and book the visit.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

roy247
Superstar

Hi Gilly19,

Basically yes is the answer, you need the coax connection for live TV and either ethernet or wifi for everything else, (on-demand etc), I am guessing you have been told the mini box is wireless.

You need to call 150 from your Virgin phone, mobile or landline, or 0345 454 1111 from any other phone and ask for a manned installation

Vikki_M
Forum Team
Forum Team

HI Gilly19

Thank you for your post and welcome to our community.

As the community has advised, yes you would need a second connection.

Have you now spoken to the team to arrange this or do you still require some support?

Please pop back to us when you can. 

Vikki - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide