Menu
ireeves001
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Saturated Colours - TV Picture Quality

Every so often, for no apparent reason, the picture quality will completely deteriorate and looks like all of the colours are completely saturated like the colour settings have been set to maximum.

No cables have been touched or any other settings changed.

Sometimes you can fix this by rebooting everything, but increasingly I just have to switch everything off and hope the next day it will be fine.

I have changed the HDMI cable and the HDMI port in the TV and has the same effect. 

TV is fine as DVDs play perfectly and because the picture quality could be fine the next day.

No pattern as to when it happens, but makes TV, Netflix, etc. unwatchable.

Also checked all other cables, but as stated above, nothing was touched.

Recently went through the upgrade to TV 360 on the same box, but problem has now reoccurred there.

It would seem something is wrong with the box as it is completely random and becoming harder to resolve when it does. I shouldn't need to reboot, check or move cables when it does happen.

Anyone seen this before?

Virgin TV 1.jpegVirgin TV 2.jpeg

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Saturated Colours - TV Picture Quality

@ireeves001 wrote:

Recently went through the upgrade to TV 360 on the same box, but problem has now reoccurred there.

Just to clarify, is this happening on a V6 or a 360 box?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
ireeves001
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

It was a V6 Box that was (software) upgraded to a 360 Box.

So same hardware.

0 Kudos
roy247
Knows their stuff
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

When you say the problem has reoccurred since the upgrade to 360 I assume it was happening before the upgrade, in that case if you have swopped cables and port on the TV and your DVD works ok it sounds like you have a faulty box. Suggest you contact Virgin for a swop out.