cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Saturated 360 box tv colours

LauraBeech8
Tuning in

Hi we got our brand new 360 box on 17th of Dec. For the last 4 days the TV colours have been horrible! Mega saturation. Isn’t the TV and doesn’t happen on Netflix or Prime. If re boot fixes for an hour or so. Bought new HDMI cable and still same issue 

11 REPLIES 11

HI there.

yes i tried to alter settings but that does not work and is not the issue.

Picture quality was excellent, then i watch something in Amazon Prime that is in HDR.

The issue happens when i then press Home button on 360 remote to perhaps watch BBC.

It seems to be this action that causes the problem, using home takes me away from Prime but seems to retain the HDR setting in other channels i then go to.

It would keep these settings and everything i then watched would be distorted.

What i have found to be the issue is that instead of using home button to jump away from Amazon prime, if i use the "back" button on the remote to go "back" to the Amazon Prime menu, this seems to, properly, release the HDR settings and everything works properly.

I also found that when the issue occurs, if i go back into Amazon Prime and again, select an HDR show, things go back to normal and as long as i back out from show display works as it should.

So for me, i know how to fix the issue when it happens to me, it is nothing to do with the display menu settings in the 360 box, it appears to be some bug that keeps the HDR settings for non HDR programmes when you leave an HDR show by using the 360 remote home button rather than back button.

Hi doc1964, 

Thanks for coming back to us on this. 

We're glad you've been able to resolve this by backing our of the program instead of pressing Home. This is the correct way you should be moving between anyway as it means you're closing the previous programme / app instead of opening a new one on top of the one you've just watched. 

We will pass on your feedback to the relevant teams so they can look at this further. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs