cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung freestyle projector

johnnybfaulkner
Tuning in

Hi all, I have bought a samsung freestyle projector, and I would like to connect my virgin tv 360 either by HDMi or the virgin go app. I have a hdmi to micro hdmi connection from the 360 to the projector but trying everything to make them compatible nothing seems to work! My tablet and iphone are unable to play on screen by mirroring or anything similar. 
any help and advice would be greatly appreciated 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Do you have a laptop with HDMI output that could take the place of the Virgin TV 360 box. 

It would useful to try a laptop driving the projector just to be sure the hdmi cable is or is not the issue.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

11 REPLIES 11

Client62
Hero

Does it help to set the Virgin TV 360  to 1080p resolution before it is connected to the Samsung freestyle projector ?

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @johnnybfaulkner 

What happens if you connect the projector directly to the 360?

Do you get a picture and sound?

Is the projector 4K capable and able to support HDCP 2.?

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I think that would be the answer! However I have tried to do just that on a small tv, bt as soon as I re connect the hdmi to the projector, the 360 box has reverted itself back to automatic resolution setting again so I only get audio. I was thinking of getting a chromcast and streaming from my ipad through that??

The Samsung Freestyle projector is 1080p not 4k

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi again @johnnybfaulkner 

Even though the projector is 1080p I would try 1080 i as well.

It's got the same pixel resolution as 1080p, but it might appear to flicker or blur during action scenes or live sport, and won't be as good for gaming. 

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Yes thanks, I have tried all resolutions now! 1080p 1080i even 720 but nothing shows an image! I have samsung smart things app but it only really works as a remote control, I have tried mirroring from virgin go app too! But it just won't allow it. 

Do you have a laptop with HDMI output that could take the place of the Virgin TV 360 box. 

It would useful to try a laptop driving the projector just to be sure the hdmi cable is or is not the issue.

The hdmi works with the small LED tv I have been using to adjust the settings on the 360 box as Obviously I cant see anything on the projector. I will try a laptop tomorrow and get back to you!! 
thanks for your help, it's really appreciated