Menu
Penyx
Joining in
Message 1 of 56
Flag for a moderator

Righthand side of TV screen showing some power functions

No idea what a panel on the righthand side of my TV screen wants me to do or how to close it off;  it shows the power button flashing off and on in red then some other buttons like a P+ and P-, and something that looks like mute button off or on, then at bottom of panel it asks for Next or Deselect. No idea what this is all about, it is getting in the way of seeing tv screen; I don't seem to be able to arrow around to get it off the screen. Also don't seem to be getting volume control indicator.

0 Kudos
roy247
Well-informed
Message 2 of 56
Flag for a moderator

Re: Righthand side of TV screen showing some power functions

Can you post a picture, it may mean something to someone because off hand I can't think what it might be.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 56
Flag for a moderator

Hi @Penyx,

Welcome back to our Community! We're glad to see you posting again.

We're sorry to hear about this! However, it would help a lot if you could post a picture of your issue if you're still experiencing it so we can advise further on what to do.

Please keep us updated.

Thanks!

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
NinjaMeerkat
Superfast
Message 4 of 56
Flag for a moderator

Sounds like you have pressed a button on the TV remote, "options" maybe.

0 Kudos
Penyx
Joining in
Message 5 of 56
Flag for a moderator

This panel comes on the moment I switch the TV on with the TV remote control (the Hub and 360 box already on)..2 pics to show how it flips from one thing to another, thank you in advance for your help with this ..IMG_9266 (2).JPGIMG_9264 (2).JPG

0 Kudos
Penyx
Joining in
Message 6 of 56
Flag for a moderator

thanks for responding; attaching 2 pics to show the problem....hope you can help; this panel comes on the moment I switch the TV on with the TV remote control (the Hub and the 360 box already on), this doesn't go off when I am watching a program, just gets in the way, but did not take a pic with that as would be very confusing to see; thanks in advance for any help with this...

IMG_9264 (2).JPGIMG_9266 (2).JPG

0 Kudos
roy247
Well-informed
Message 7 of 56
Flag for a moderator

Definitely looks TV generated as opposed to coming from the 360, what make and model is your TV, a look in the TV instructions may help. If the 360 is off I assume you don't get this also is there anything else connected. 

0 Kudos
Penyx
Joining in
Message 8 of 56
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for replying again. I thought the same, that it was the TV unit itself, so I disconnected the internet connection for the Tv (which is connected to the Hub) then tried just to switch the TV on and off using its remote control & trying to get to its Settings. The screen would sort of flash on & off and I would also get a flash of the Home Screen then tv would go blank.  The basic manual refers to an on/off switch for the screen itself but I cannot find it.  Cannot find online a full manual for this TV.   What was really spooky (!) was that after about 5 minutes of trying to get the 'Home Screen' (on the TV, without internet connection), the TV came on with the VirginMedia programmes anyway!  (Maybe via the aerial on the roof of the building, not sure?) so this was a bit strange.  It does appear on balance to be the TV unit itself, I will maybe try to call them (It's a Polaroid TV) to ask about these problems, I think it is still in guarantee but that is going to be a hassle in itself, sigh.  I haven't even tried to hook up a DVD player to it yet, either. 

0 Kudos
roy247
Well-informed
Message 9 of 56
Flag for a moderator

Found this manual on line, don't know if it covers your model, it might even be same one that was in the box with your TV,

https://polaroidhdtv.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/05/43-55-user-manual.pdf

The 360 gets it live TV through it's coax connection, it needs the network connection for on demand and catch up.

I see the support is through ASDA so good luck with that, they might be very good who knows until you try.

0 Kudos
Robert_P
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 56
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the update and the additional information Penyx, from what you have described it does appear to be related to the TV itself as opposed to the TV Service.

We'd recommend contacting the manufacturer to get this looked into, let us know how you get on 🙂

Rob

0 Kudos