cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revert from tv360

Redlorakeet
On our wavelength

Hi

i renegotiated my contract and was given the tv360 handset. I did not ask for this. 
it is unusable. I have poor eyesight and even the contrast functions are no good. Fonts on the screen are too small. 

I am within my 14 days cooling off and want to go back to the software I had before. They say I cannot do this and everyone will be transferred over to this new software. I did not ask for this. I do not want it. They say there is nothing they can do. Can anyone assist please? I am a longstanding customer of virgin but they do not care. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hello

If you box has been updated to the Horizon (v360) software then the only way to get back to the Tivo (v6) software will be to get a replacement box, and you will need to speak to the complaints team to get that resolved, the issue you may have is that all new boxes are now v360 as there is a short supply of the v6 boxes.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

17 REPLIES 17

DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hello

If you box has been updated to the Horizon (v360) software then the only way to get back to the Tivo (v6) software will be to get a replacement box, and you will need to speak to the complaints team to get that resolved, the issue you may have is that all new boxes are now v360 as there is a short supply of the v6 boxes.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team

Good Morning Redlorakeet, thanks for your post and I'm sorry to hear you're not a fan of our new 360 TV software.

I can see that you've spoken to our team since your post and we've also been attempting to call you, with a voicemail being left on your phone.

Can you please advise me of what action we've been able to take on this matter?

I can also see a return package is being sent out to your home address also

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

Hi

i think the return package is for the wifi extender that never worked.  Are you able to check please?

Can you please advise me what we've been able to advise over the voicemail?

This may be the notification of exactly why the returns packaging is being sent

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

They say they have left a message but I do not have voicemail on my iphone and I have a virgin landline with an answer machine but no message on that.

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Sorry to hear that, they will try and call again. 

I can see the complaint is with the correct department and they are working on a resolution. 

Kind regards,

Zak_M

Redlorakeet
On our wavelength

Hi

they just tried to phone me but I was not available. My voicemail is not set up on the iphone so they cannot leave a message. I do not have the strength to phone again having spent an hour and a half in total previously. It just needs to go back to what it was before. I have a virgin landline. 

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank you for coming back to us.

They will attempt to call you once again and if they are not able to get hold of you via the phone they will then send you a letter. 

Unfortunately from here we are not able revert 360 box's back to the old V6 box's.

Kind regards,

Zak_M 

Redlorakeet
On our wavelength

Hi

my box is the same box. It is just the software that they changed. You have been most helpful.