cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Requesting additional cable

Lindajane59
On our wavelength

I currently have TV360 and have a box in my lounge and a mini box in my son's bedroom. I'm shortly going to be having surgery which will see me confined to my bedroom for a few weeks so I'd like to be able to watch tv from there.  However, I understand that in order to do that I'd need a cable connection in my room which I don't have.  I've looked on the Virgin Media site but I can't see any way of arranging to have one installed and there no longer appears to be a chat function.  Can someone advise how I go about arranging for an additional connection to be installed?

I

7 REPLIES 7

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Non-fault cabling works can be arranged via the "I have a fault" phone route, or by waiting here, and comes at a small price of £25.

Your alternative option is to use the TV Go app on a compatible mobile device and use in-home streaming..

https://www.virginmedia.com/tv/go-control 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thats what I'm looking for.  So I cant do it on line?

What do you mean "waiting here"?

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I mean that Virgin Media staff often respond to posts on here, and can assist with queries such as this. Just wait around, and their turnaround is currently around a couple of days. You'll recognise their reply because underneath their username is "Virgin Media staff" or "Forum Team," and their avatar graphic (where mine is a west-country rugby club) is the Virgin Media logo.

VM have no online fault reporting or appointment booking system outwith this community forum.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thanks, appreciate you replying.

Hi Lindajane59, 

Thanks for your post and we're sorry to hear about the circumstances regarding needing to relocate one of your boxes. 

We can certainly arrange this for you however as mentioned above there is a £25 charge that would appear on your bill after the visit. 

If you're happy to accept this, we can get the visit booked in for you. We just need to confirm your address to ensure we're booking the visit on the correct account. I have sent you a private message regarding this. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right-hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi Lindajane59, 

Thanks for coming back to via private message to confirm your information. 

I have booked you in for the next available appointment. To view this please sign in to My Virgin Media here: My VM. Once logged in, scroll down to Orders & appointments then click on View your orders. You can also view this in the My VM app. If you have any issues with accessing your account or unable to see your visit, please do let us know and we’ll pop you another message to pass data protection and then confirm the appointment details.

Please ensure that someone over the age of 18 is at the property for the time the engineer is there. If the appointment is unsuitable or if anyone living at your property has tested positive for Coronavirus, has been asked to self-isolate or has flu-like symptoms then please reschedule the appointment on the same link. If you do miss the appointment for any reason, a £25 missed appointment charge will be applied to your account on the day of the appointment so it is important to reschedule if needed. 

Lets us know how the appointment goes. 

Take care.

Kath_F
Forum Team

Hi Lindajane59, 

Thanks for taking the time to get back in touch after the visit. 

I'm glad it all went smoothly and things are set up ready for when you have your surgery. If you have any further issues just pop back and let us know. 

Thanks for your kind words too 🙂 I wish you a very speedy recovery.

Take care,

Kath_F
Forum Team