cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Replaying recordings

BrumBri
Joining in

Last few weeks getting error message CS2200 and recordings will not replay. Tried connections and rebooting.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @BrumBri 

With error code CS2200, does this affect all recordings or just certain ones? If just certain ones are there any specific programs or specific channels?

Do you have any problems stopping and pausing live programs, and then playing them back?

If so, this would seem to indicate a hard drive problem, as pausing and playing back live TV is the same as recording a program.

Have you tried  factory resetting the 360?

To factory reset go to Settings > System > Factory Reset. It's actually misnamed and only a partial system reset and not a complete factory reset. You are given 2 options

Keep Recordings
Format Disk

If you choose Keep Recordings, that means you won't lose your recordings and any planned recordings or series links you've set up. You will have to sign into your apps such as iPlayer, Prime, Netflix and ITV X again. Also Match frame rate and Standby power consumption will go back to their default settings if you have changed them.

If that doesn't work then you will probably need the box replacing. This will involve a tech callout by dialling 150 from a Virgin landline or mobile, or 0345 454 1111, option 2 (FaultsIf calling Faults ignore all the options and don't press any buttons then you should be placed into a queue and an agent should pick up the phone and book the tech for you.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

2 REPLIES 2

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @BrumBri 

With error code CS2200, does this affect all recordings or just certain ones? If just certain ones are there any specific programs or specific channels?

Do you have any problems stopping and pausing live programs, and then playing them back?

If so, this would seem to indicate a hard drive problem, as pausing and playing back live TV is the same as recording a program.

Have you tried  factory resetting the 360?

To factory reset go to Settings > System > Factory Reset. It's actually misnamed and only a partial system reset and not a complete factory reset. You are given 2 options

Keep Recordings
Format Disk

If you choose Keep Recordings, that means you won't lose your recordings and any planned recordings or series links you've set up. You will have to sign into your apps such as iPlayer, Prime, Netflix and ITV X again. Also Match frame rate and Standby power consumption will go back to their default settings if you have changed them.

If that doesn't work then you will probably need the box replacing. This will involve a tech callout by dialling 150 from a Virgin landline or mobile, or 0345 454 1111, option 2 (FaultsIf calling Faults ignore all the options and don't press any buttons then you should be placed into a queue and an agent should pick up the phone and book the tech for you.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi BrumBri, 

Thanks for taking the time to contact us via the Community. It's lovely having you on board with us in the Forums.

We're sorry to hear you're having this issue with watching your recordings. 

I can see our VIP newapollo has asked some great questions that will allow us to look into this further for you. Please give the steps they have outlined in their post a try and if you're still having an issue, pop back so we can look into this further. 

Many thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs