Menu
Davebreckie
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Remote Control

I have Just Upgraded to tv 360 but when I select to watch bbc iplayer my remotes ok and navigation buttons stop working on the select who's watching screen, so I have to use my smart tv remote to get into iplayer

0 Kudos
Robert_P
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Re: Remote Control

Hello Davebreckie,

Thanks for taking the time to raise your query in regards to the TV360 remote and functionality within the BBC iPlayer. 

Does this happen on any other applications you use via the service? If so, can you confirm which ones and if it's the same buttons?

Rob

0 Kudos
Davebreckie
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Hi Rob,

I have just checked and the same buttons do not work on ITV Hub either,

Once I get into the apps the remote wont scroll through them nor does the ok button respond and I have to use the TVs own smart remote to get back out of the apps

0 Kudos
roy247
Problem sorter
Message 4 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Had a problem with the remote just not working properly with the TV guide, everything else was OK, needed a factory reset to fix problem.

0 Kudos
newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Hi Davebreckie,

Have you tried to factory reset the remote control?

Press and hold the TV and Rewind button for 10 seconds which will factory reset the TV 360 remote. You could also try removing the batteries and put them back in.

To pair the 360 remote again hold down the 'TV' button and '0' button together until the Standby button starts to flash.

If you haven't already done so you can download the TV Go app, you can use the app to control the 360

https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/tvgo-tvcontrol 

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I don't work for Virgin Media.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge. Learn more

Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules
0 Kudos
Davebreckie
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Will the go app actually make the tv360 remote work properly ? as I already have a remote on smart things which all functions work as the should but what I want is for the tv360 remote to work as it should,

If the go app does not fix the remotes functions then there is no use for the app as it would just be another thing on my phone that I would never use.

Also I have tried the reset  but to no avail.

0 Kudos
Ashleigh_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Hi @Davebreckie

Thank you so much for your response. You can use the TV Go App to control your box but it will not change the functionality of the remote. 

Can I just confirm that you also tried to repair the remote as well as by @newappollo?

Thank you. 

Ash_C
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
roy247
Problem sorter
Message 8 of 20
Flag for a moderator

@Davebreckie wrote:

Will the go app actually make the tv360 remote work properly ? as I already have a remote on smart things which all functions work as the should but what I want is for the tv360 remote to work as it should,

If the go app does not fix the remotes functions then there is no use for the app as it would just be another thing on my phone that I would never use.

Also I have tried the reset  but to no avail.

The app won't fix the remote if the remote is faulty it is just a substitute or extra remote.

Which reset did you try, the only thing that cured my remote problem was a factory reset of the actual 360 box, it's not a real factory reset and you do get the option to keep your recordings.

0 Kudos
Davebreckie
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 20
Flag for a moderator

I wouldn't know where to start in Repairing a remote lol

it is brand new all I have done is reset it and then reconnected it to my tv

the thing is I don't want to use my phone to control my TV that is what the remote that came with the tv360 upgrade is for.

I never recieved a tv360 box my Tivo was just upgraded I just recieved the Romote.

0 Kudos
Davebreckie
On our wavelength
Message 10 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Done a factory reset on my box and still no change

0 Kudos