cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reminders on 360

UST31N
Joining in

Does anyone know if there is an option when a reminder is set, to have the “change over” button automatically pressed after a period of time like it was with the V6 box. 

Unfortunately for numerous reasons, I have to preset a tv schedule for every day, so that it will automatically flick between the channels. 

On the V6 box it was easy and the channel automatically changed, however the 360 doesn’t. The reminder just stays in the top right and then after 5 mins disappears.

If there isn’t the option at the moment, can anyone point me in the right direction of requesting this to be something virgin will look into?

2 REPLIES 2

deans6571
Wise owl

I used the reminder feature on the 360 for the first time tonight and found it to work really well!

5 minutes before the program started, there was a pop up in the top right which informed me that my program was due to start in 5 minutes on the appropriate channel. Then, about a minute before the program started, there was a second reminder informing me my program was about to start and it also gave me the option to switch over to the correct channel. 

A great feature if you ask me and nice to see reminders working properly as they should, without the need to actually record the program (as was the case on the old TiVo platform). 

😀

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@deans6571 wrote:

A great feature if you ask me and nice to see reminders working properly as they should, without the need to actually record the program 

To view a live channel takes a recording tuner. If all 6 tuners are in use, there are none spare - so recording the programme in question is functionally essential for the reminder to not cause issues.

Oh, and if you miss the reminder you have a recording to watch instead. 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks