Menu
JJFGB
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Regret upgrading to 360

I had two V6 boxes which were updated today to the new 360 software.  How I regret this. I lI've in a small flat in a 2 storey block of 12.  Virgins WiFi was always awful despite having a booster.  With my old boxes this wasn't a problem as I could set both boxes to record the same programmes and watch on either.  Using 360, I cannot do this evenue though bother boxes have a hard drive .  The second box will only stream from the first and won't even let me watch the programme via catchup.

As a result, I cannot watch anything other than live TV on the second box.  The diagnostics tell me that the box should be OK for streaming, but then it did before the update and it didn't work then either. How do I go back to my old service. 

Even now if I run the WiFi diagnosis, it tells me I need a booster but can't have one as I have one already. I have a small 2 bedroom flat and can't believe how bad things are.  The only way to get Internet to the bedrooms is to have the booster in the hall as if in one bedroom, the other then gets no no WiFi. If the booster is in the hall, the net is not good enough for the TV box.  Not a problem before.

I am on the 500gig broadband and whilst I get these speeds in the living room, even with a booster get between 5 and 20 in the bedroom where the box is..

I could live with the crap WiFi if I at least could record on both boxes like before.  I so regret my recent upgrade and can't wait to leave.  Can I downgrade back from 360 to V6? Or if not be switched back to V6 boxes.

DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Regret upgrading to 360

Hello

Once the software has been upgraded the boxes cannot be downgraded again, I have heard that some customer have had some success with calling CS and getting them to send out replacement v6 boxes.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
JJFGB
Tuning in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Just to clarify, I know I can select which box to record on to.  But you can only do one not both. 

0 Kudos
DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hello

Yes that is right when you set a recording it will only record onto 1 box you cannot record onto 2 boxes at the same time.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
SpacePhoenix
Superfast
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

If both boxes are plugged into the same electrical circuit (direct - not via extension leads) then powerline adapters would be an option so they could be connected via ethernet

0 Kudos
JJFGB
Tuning in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

The first box is hard wired,  I already have a power line adapter, but if I put it close enough to hard wire the second box, then I don't get any usable wifi at all in the other bedroom.

Currently I have a choice, get useable wifi in both rooms but not good enough for the box or hard wire the box and then not have WiFi in the other room. 

0 Kudos
BlueLou
Virgin Media Staff
Virgin Media Staff
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

The WiFi environment in your house seems extreme, to say the least. 

I assume the issue would have been the same for V6 but it sounds like you had a workaround by recording on both boxes but to be honest I’m surprised you weren’t given a second booster to cover the property. 

this is a broadband issue that needs to be addressed, another booster or power line would do it 

0 Kudos