Menu
Cven
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Regret being offered new 360 box

The thought of having the new 360 box sounded a great opportunity...what a mistake!

it is so un user friendly!!!! Please don’t be tempted!!! We were happy with the TiVo box as easy to use. This isn’t a case of ‘we’ll get used to it after a few days’ because you can’t! 
How can I watch a programme that is part way through recording from the beginning?

Answer should be straight forward.
go to your recording and click on programme that is recording And start watching. 
errr no. The recording is not in the saved list. We have hunted high and low. 
this is one of the many irritating things regarding this new box. 
just wish we had changed to sky before agreeing to this!!!

0 Kudos
Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Regret being offered new 360 box

I do this all the time.

When a recording starts, it moves from the Planned recordings section of Saved to the Recorded section.

Press Home then press right until you reach SAVED.

Press OK.

Press down, press OK.

You then have the Recorded list. Press OK on the one you want and chooses to start from the start.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
paul0363
Rising star
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

...or press the microphone button and say "recordings" and it'll take you straight there! (Near enough - then press down and OK)

0 Kudos
Cedd
Joining in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I wholeheartedly agree with the first post. This 360 box is awful! I wonder if Virgin actually carried out any surveys/testing on real people before deciding to roll this out?It was 'sold' to me as a massive service improvement. I beg to differ on a number of points, only some of which are listed below. My feeling is that this is actually cheaper for Virgin to run rather than anything to do with service; It seems like a cut-down version of what I had before.

I've persevered for 2 weeks now and I'd dearly love to go back to my old TiVo service - will be ringing to check if this is possible.

I have not been able to find out how to switch back to 'last channel viewed' which was a simple click on the Tivo

The channel guide is appalling to read. I had the option to switch off all the fancy icons etc on the TiVo guide so it was a simple black-and-white display which filled the screen. Now I have a horrible pale purple display whcih is in the centre of the screen with all the channel icons on the left. I can't read these, and it seems to be too much to ask to show the actual channel number when watching tv. Since I can't find a 'Go back to last viewed channel' option it means that I either have to re-search the guide for something I was just watching or just not bother.

On the TiVo going to HOME took you to a very useful, well-laid out easy to read guide, which included such things as setting up various options, searching, etc ... it also had an FAQ/Troubleshooting guide which was superbly helpful and solved many a problem. I can't find anything useful in the 360 and the Help/Troubleshooting guide tells you to go to the help URL ... whcih is a pain as my computer is upstairs and my tv downstairs. Running back and forth between them is not an option for someone with arthritic knees. On top of that there is no help on this URL for the 360!!

On INFO on the TiVo you could access such things as the cast of whatever you are watching ... little thumbnails with pics of that person, and extra info about that person. Doesn't exist on the 360.

The Channel Guide on the Virgin Website - which is dated November 2020 - lists all the radio stations on their 'old' number in the 900 range. These do not exist on the 360 and it took me a moment of panic to find where they had gone - I thought I had lost them all!  So this latest info guide is wrong.....

One very unhappy customer 😞

0 Kudos
paul0363
Rising star
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

@Cedd wrote:

I have not been able to find out how to switch back to 'last channel viewed' which was a simple click on the Tivo

It's just as aesy on the 360 - press the TV botton (above and to the right of the OK button)

0 Kudos
Cedd
Joining in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Tested - worked! Wow as easy as that - thank you very much 🙂

0 Kudos
lennyv
Up to speed
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

This felt like a weird discovery when I spotted it, but it does make some sense functionally. The only thing I'd add is that when you press TV to watch a live channel the little info bar also appears at the bottom of the screen. If you press TV again while that is still visible, it will just hide that information section rather than switching you to the previous channel. I think that might be making it harder for people to discover the 'last channel' function.

0 Kudos