cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Regional TV

damo_uk23
Dialled in

Hey guys,

How do change your region's tv channel?  For example, I live in Bedfordshire, and when I watch the news and the weather, I get it from London, but I would like to get the news and weather from the East of England (which I think is Look East).

Looking forward to hearing from you soon

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Damo

Man is still the most extraordinary computer of all.
John F. Kennedy
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The regional variation of BBC1/ITV that you receive is dictated by the physical infrastructure that your box is connected to.

Alternative neighbouring versions are sometimes carried in EPG positions around 85x or 87x

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

6 REPLIES 6

ozsat
Superstar

You can view BBC local news in the BBC iPlayer app - but that's it. You need to set the region you want for BBC in the app settings.

@damo_uk23 wrote:

Hey guys,

How do change your region's tv channel?  For example, I live in Bedfordshire, and when I watch the news and the weather, I get it from London, but I would like to get the news and weather from the East of England (which I think is Look East).

==================================
1.2Gb/100Mb in Oxford (area 31) using SH5

So, you no longer can do it for the Virgin TV channels?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Damo

John F. Kennedy

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The regional variation of BBC1/ITV that you receive is dictated by the physical infrastructure that your box is connected to.

Alternative neighbouring versions are sometimes carried in EPG positions around 85x or 87x

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Never have been able to - although the BBC1-AD channel is London but that doesn't help you. There are a very few overlap regions on VM which offer two regions.

@damo_uk23 wrote:

So, you no longer can do it for the Virgin TV channels?

==================================
1.2Gb/100Mb in Oxford (area 31) using SH5

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@damo_uk23 wrote:

Hey guys,

@damo_uk23 

BBC1 Cambridge is on channel 858. ITV Anglia West is on channel 870.

Reorder these in your favourites list & then watch as normal.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

Thanks for that, @nodrogd.

Damo

John F. Kennedy