cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Regional News

Michael0412
Tuning in

Hi, we’ve just had 360 fitted, three boxes. We live in the North East so usually get Tyne Tees ITV news but for some reason all three boxes are showing Granada Manchester ITV news.

Any ideas how we can fix this? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Seriously? We’ve just had Sky taken out and had no issues there.

Our grandparents and parents live less than five miles from us, they have Virgin and manage to receive Tyne Tees news.

In addition, we live 140 miles from Manchester! 

Virgin has only just been made available to our street in the last four weeks later so hopefully it can be rectified. 

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

8 REPLIES 8

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The short answer is, you can't - the version of BBC1/ITV you receive is dictated by the regional head-end that you are connected to.

@nodrogdwill shortly be along with a more comprehensive answer, tailored for your specific area.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Our grandparents and parents live less than five miles from us, they have Virgin and manage to receive Tyne Tees news.

In addition, we live 140 miles from Manchester! 

Virgin has only just been made available to our street in the last four weeks later so hopefully it can be rectified. 

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Michael0412 

I live in Teesside and we receive the Tyne Tees feed. 

I wasn't watching earlier so don't know if it was the usual broadcast, however if there are any problems at the local studios or with signals then Tyne Tees usually reverts to the back up service which is Granada,

The ITV+1 service is  the Granada feed unfortunately.

As a temporary solution you may be able to watch the 6pm broadcast later this evening on the ITV website

https://www.itv.com/news/tyne-tees/2022-06-17/catch-up-watch-the-itv-tyne-tees-evening-programme 

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Thanks 👍🏼

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Michael0412 wrote:

Yes, seriously. Sky is a satellite-based service where all BBC regions are transmitted to every subscriber and your viewing card is used to select which version is mapped to your box.

Virgin Media is a cable-provider and your local headend only carries the versions "local" to the customers in that region.

It sounds like the border between 2 regions could well be between your home and that of your parents. nodrogd will be able to confirm this theory, but I have a feeling ITV+1, being SD, has more regions than ITV-HD.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Hi Michael0412,

Did you check to see if you had your local BBC news, if you did then possibly it's as newapollo said that there was a problem with your local ITV broadcast.

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

There are no overlaps on VM between the Granada & Tyne Tees region, so more than likely newapollo’s explanation in post 4 is the reason. And I hasten to add if you were using Freeview through a rooftop aerial in the TyneTees region you can only watch TyneTees in SD. The HD ITV version provided in the area is Granada.

The easiest way of checking for ITV issues caused by switching faults etc that cause a secondary backup to be shown is to switch to channel 101. If BBC1 is the correct region then it’s a temporary ITV problem, & vice-versa.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

Thanks everyone. 

Not sure how but all seems to be working fine today 👍🏼

appreciate all the advice and replies 😄