cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Refund for V6 box

HutzVROne
Tuning in

I'm about to upgrade from V6 to 360 - I was charged more than £75 for the V6 box which will no longer be required - So what do I do with the box? Can I get credit off my next bill if I return the box? Also what happens to all my recordings which I expect will no longer be accessible when that box is no longer aligned to my package?

3 REPLIES 3

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

V6 to V360 is an existing box update using the same hardware. Only the box firmware is updated, so no box change is required.

You are correct in that the hard disk has to be reformatted for the update, so you will lose your recordings.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If you're migrating upto 2 x V6 onto 360, this can be done via a software download and there should be no need to return any of your boxes.

When you do the conversion, you will lose all the recordings you have. You'll lose them, and there's nothing can be done about that.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @HutzVROne

Thanks for posting on our community forum!

As advised above by our very helpful VIPs, the box firmware would be updated rather than swapping the box over and unfortunately, the recordings would be lost. 

Let us know how your upgrade goes 🙂

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs