cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Red highlight STILL on Trash Bin icon when deleting a show from many.

deans6571
Wise owl

To summarise, this bug has been with the 360 from the very first day the box came to the general public:

When you have recorded many shows (well, at least 2 or more in fact) that are part of a series, the 360 puts them all in a list in the 'Recordings' section (or whatever its called!). When you then go to watch a show and want to delete after you have watched it, after deletion, the red highlight on the screen lands on the Trash Bin icon of the next unwatched show in the series meaning that just one wrong single press of the 'OK' button will delete this show obviously no way to get it back?!

Why is this STILL happening even after all these updates to the box?! Its a simple thing to fix - just move the red highlight to highlight ANYTHING other than the Trash Bin icon........!!!!!!

deans6571
Wise owl

Please can a VM rep respond to this.

deans6571
Wise owl

...any news on this bug from VM on here?

I posted this THREE weeks ago - the least I could get is some kind of acknowledgement.....

🙁

Hi there @deans6571 

Thank you so much for your post and welcome back to the community forums, it's great to have you here.

I am so sorry to hear that you are facing this issue regarding the trash bin icon and apologies for the delay. 

Are you able to provide an image of the trash bin issue you are facing? 

It's not an 'issue'....?!!! 

It is a bug.

When you delete a program from Recordings, the red highlight ends up on the Trash icon making it far too easy to delete the next episode by mistake.

I'm sorry but I'm not supplying screenshots - all you have to do is follow the same process I have described to see what I am talking about......

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @deans6571,

Thanks for coming back to us. Can you please share a screenshot or a picture of this bug so that we can look into this further for you?

Thank you. 

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi Paulina_Z,

This might be hard for you to replicate (shouldn't be) but what deans6571 is saying is that if you have a series link recording if you have a few episodes recorded if you watch one and then delete it the trash can (bin) is then highlighted on the next line below, it needs something like a carriage return adding so it becomes more like the recordings list where if you watch a recording and delete it then it just goes to the title of the next recording not the trash can. This then means if press the OK button it plays the next episode it doesn't delete it.

You shouldn't need screenshot's of this it's such a basic programming fix.

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi both,

I appreciate the frustration with this, however, screenshots are usually requested directly by our Development Teams, as this allows them to ensure they're replicating the same issue.

I've forwarded this to our TV360 Team, who will be able to look into this further. If they require any further details, we'll ask directly via this thread. 

Cheers,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ