cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Red exclamation in circle for all recordings

hertslioness
Joining in

Hi, I’ve tried searching for an answer and can’t find one. All our recordings planned & new are not recording as planned, each one has a red circle with an exclamation point inside next to the failed recordings.

when I click on the recording, it only gives me an option of deleting recording and not watching it. It also says “recording failed due to a technical issue”

any answers please

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

If you can watch on-demand and stream then that would suggest that your network connection is OK, if you can't pause and then watch live TV it would point to a hard drive problem.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

8 REPLIES 8

roy247
Community elder

What happens if you press record on something you are watching, also does pausing live TV then play OK.

If I record whilst watching something I have a error message in top right hand of screen saying “sorry we couldn’t do this for you, please try again later” 

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

It's possible that the 360 box isn't, or wasn't connected to the internet when setting the recordings.

Is your 360's EPG up to date, or is it displaying, 'To Be Announced'?

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

EPG all ok, programmes displayed correctly. No issues with WiFi 

If you can watch on-demand and stream then that would suggest that your network connection is OK, if you can't pause and then watch live TV it would point to a hard drive problem.

I have noticed that the pause button does freeze the screen, but when I unpause it, the screen jumps forwards to current time.

Sounds like you need to call Virgin on 150 from a Virgin phone, mobile or landline, or 0345 454 1111 from any other phone to report a fault, then ignore all the options offered and you should then be placed into a queue to speak to someone.

Another option is to wait for one of the forum team to pick this up which might be 2 to 3 day's.

Hi hertslioness,

Thanks for posting, and welcome to our community 🙂

Sorry to hear you've had some issues with your recordings. I've had a look at things from our side and can see you've been able to contact us since posting. 

If you are still having issues with this please let us know.

Alex_Rm