cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Red button on Sky Sports Football

Wattletree1994
Joining in

could you please advise how to resolve this problem ?

normally channel 503

I’ve rebooted my 360 box but no luck at all

8 REPLIES 8

roy247
Superstar

There's nothing scheduled for the Red button on 503 until tomorrow so can't check until then, after pressing the red button you need to press the info (...) button to see the options when there is red button content available.

Thanks - a few months ago, the red button option was fine and I watched many football matches via that. However, recently, there seems to have been a glitch ! No idea why - anyone have any suggestions please ?

Wattletree1994
Joining in

could you please advise how to resolve this problem ?

normally channel 503

I’ve rebooted my 360 box but no luck at all

‘Press the red button’ and it simply doesn’t work, when there are alternative football matches to watch.

Please can someone advise me how to solve this frustrating problem.

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Apart from rebooting there is not much you can do. Sky updated their background app (it’s their property) that drives the Red Button months ago & managed to break it in the process. The issues seem to be resolved on most TiVO V6s now, but the older TiVOs & some V360s are still having issues.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

There's nothing scheduled for 503 until 3pm.

Thanks Roy- yes I know but I am keen to ensure that I can (finally) watch a championship match via red button. For months, it hasn’t worked, strangely 

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Wattletree1994 

Don't forget to press the contextual (3 dots button just above the channel up/down button) on your 360 remote after pressing the red button to bring up the menu to select the game you want to watch.

I would also check that the 360 is connected to the internet and reboot if nothing comes up on the red button.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Thanks very much indeed - the 3 dots trick worked!!