cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recordings

AoifeD
Joining in

Whenever I try to play recordings upstairs it comes up that it's buffering. In the diagnostics it says to connect via ethernet cable but I can't trail a cable downstairs so how can I fix this please? Thanks. 

5 REPLIES 5

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The TV360 mini streams all recordings from your master box, it sounds like poor WiFi in the location your mini-box is in - could be the underlying problem here.

Do other WiFi-devices have a similar problem in this same location? Tablets, laptops, phones etc?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi japitts 

No my phone and laptop work fine in the same location so I don't think that's it. Also I never had a problem with the old box just this new 360 box.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

What does the TV360 report for its wireless quality under the network diagnostics screen?

When you refer to your "old box", what was it? If you converted a V6, then the only difference is the software. If this was a TiVo, it didn't use WiFi.

If you're not sure - check at https://www.virginmedia.com/care/tv-fault/which-tv-box 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

roy247
Community elder

If it is just poor wifi you might be eligible for some free pods, see Here 

Chris_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi AoifeD, thanks for the message and welcome back to the forums. 

I am sorry to hear that you are having issues with the service and this is not the experience which we want you to have with us. 

How is the connection at the moment? Are you still having issues with the connection?

Kind regards, Chris.