Menu
KyloClarets
Tuning in
Message 1 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Recordings unwatchable

My recordings are unwatchable. They play for a couple of minutes then stop/start constantly. One recording only played the same couple of minutes over and over. Does anyone have a solution??

newapollo
Superstar
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Recordings unwatchable

Do you have any problems when you pause live TV?

Have you tried rebooting the 360?

You could try a Factory Reset.(it's actually not a complete reset, you won't lose your recordings) You will however have to sign into apps again such as iPlayer, ITV Hub, Prime and Netflix.

To factory reset go to Settings (the cog at end of of the right hand side of the Home menu) > System > Factory Reset.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos
KyloClarets
Tuning in
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Thank you. I will give that a go later on. 

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Indeed - if live TV is ok, but recordings are affected, it would suggest issues with your hard drive. That would also affect when you pause or rewind live TV.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
KyloClarets
Tuning in
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator

We are still having the same issue and now paused tv keeps stalling and rebounding over the same couple of minutes. Definitely has to be a fault in the box. 

0 Kudos
newapollo
Superstar
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator

It certainly sounds like it and will only get worse until the set top box packs in completely.

I'm afraid the only solution is to contact the VM Faults team on 150 from a Virgin landline, or 0345 454 1111, options 1,1 and 2 (Faultsbut best to call at 8am, or late afternoon around tea time to avoid call queues..

When calling Faults you will get the automated response asking you to press 1 for the link to online support, perform tests, reboot etc. Ignore the options and don't press any buttons then you should be placed into a queue and an agent should pick up the phone and resolve the problem

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator

@KyloClarets wrote:

We are still having the same issue and now paused tv keeps stalling and rebounding over the same couple of minutes. Definitely has to be a fault in the box. 

Almost certainly, and it won't get any better. Call into faults to report it before it's terminal.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hey @KyloClarets,

Thanks for taking the time to post on our forums.

I have been able to locate your account and can see that you have two boxes at the moment. Which box are you having the issues with? Our system has ran some checks and says that there should be no issues but clearly there is.

If you could advise which box the problem is with, I can get this looked into further for you. 

Regards

Steven_L 

0 Kudos
KyloClarets
Tuning in
Message 9 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Its the main 360 box. Not the mini one. If that helps. Thanks for your help. 

0 Kudos
Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 12
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Thanks for coming back to us @KyloClarets, I have been able to look into this further and have found that we would need an engineer visit to get this sorted.

I have arranged for the appointment and you can find all the information that you need about your appointment on your online account and clicking My Account and Track Your Order.

Regards

Steven_L