cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recordings keep freezing

Nb7
Tuning in

Only had this box just over a month and in the last week new recording are freezing for a couple of seconds and restarting. Yesterday I reset box, run test on app, followed suggested options. However newly recorded show this morning still doing it. 
Pausing freezing only happens during playback of recorded programs. The picture does not break up into pixels or distorted, it just freezes for a few seconds and then assumes to stop/start manner then continues to play normally before doing again through out programs.
All menus work fine when this is happening, watching live tv and on demand is not affected.

All cables are secure.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If.....

Live TV & OnDemand are unaffected, but all recorded and delayed/paused programmes are problematic, this would tend to suggest your hard drive may have issues.

Hard drive faults - if this is what yours is - are not repairable, may get worse over time and eventually fail outright. If it continues beyond a few weeks and/or gets worse, I'd suggest you call VM to report your fault.

150 from a VM phone, or 0345 4541111 from any other phone.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

14 REPLIES 14

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If.....

Live TV & OnDemand are unaffected, but all recorded and delayed/paused programmes are problematic, this would tend to suggest your hard drive may have issues.

Hard drive faults - if this is what yours is - are not repairable, may get worse over time and eventually fail outright. If it continues beyond a few weeks and/or gets worse, I'd suggest you call VM to report your fault.

150 from a VM phone, or 0345 4541111 from any other phone.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Martin_N
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Nb7,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the community. 

I'm very sorry to hear about the issue you've been having with your recording. 

I have taken a look on our side and nothing is showing that could be affecting this. 

Are you continuing to have this issue? If so please do let us know. 

^Martin

Yes I am and getting worse as the other person commented it could happen. I’m on nights at the mo so haven’t had time to call. Hopefully I will tomorrow as it’s very annoying and considering only a month old not good really . 
thanks for your reply 

Hi @Nb7

I am so sorry to see this issues is still affecting you and thank you for updating us! 

Having look at your account I can see you have an engineer booked out to see you for this issue. Would you be able to pop back after their visit and let us know how things are looking? 

Sorry only just seen this, it started working again properly before appointment so cancelled. However has started doing the same this week again even skipping forward after pausing. Have phoned in again as get multiple error codes too 

Sasha_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Nb7

thanks for replying back to us. 

How was the phone call. I can see on the notes they have raised this again, but can't see that another engineer was booked. 

Did they sort out the issue for you though? Please do let us know if you do need any further help  and we are more than happy to assist you. 

Thanks 

Sasha - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

I thought that she was writing notes for engineer and was letting me know. I assumed that meant getting back to me to book it in? I was able to play recording again when on the phone but freezing is still happening, so no it’s not sorted.

Sasha_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

I can see  she has written the notes on the issue that has occurred and has raised this up for you. 

I can see that there was an open engineer appointment, but has now been closed. Can i just confirm that this has been sorted for you as I understand that you may still need our assistance today? 

Please just let me know so I can help you if not. 

Thanks 

Sasha - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

No it is stilling freezing on recordings which I did say this to the lady, although it started playing was still freezing,  and she just said is there anything else and ended call. So yes I still have a issue and thought someone was getting back to me with appointment, but guessing from the notes your seeing that’s not the case, and I guess I need to call for third time today?