cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recordings fail to play - error CS2200

Essex52
Up to speed

I have a Virgin Media 360 box, which is only 7 percent full with my recorded programs - but none of them will play! I phoned 150 which suggested I download the app etc etc and when I finally got through to a live person with a hard-to-understand foreign accent, they were absolutely no help at all!

So I went online and signed in and discovered that there is an issue in my postcode area, which they hoped to be fixed by 3 May 2023. I signed up for updates and someone has just phoned me on my mobile and said he was sending a fresh signal to my box and that I should restart my box while he remained online, to see if the error had gone - but it hadn't. So he booked an engineer visit tomorrow between 8am (groan) - midday. But since he sent the fresh signal, I can't watch any TV programs at all! Just great 😡

Tip: Until he sent the fresh signal, I had discovered that if I scrolled back through the TV guide, to the program I had recorded and chose play from start, I could watch the recorded version. And when it had finished, I could delete it from my recorded program list 😃 

5 REPLIES 5

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Essex52, 

Thank you for posting to us here on the Community. 

We are very sorry to hear of the issues you have faced with the TV service and viewing your recordings. 

We have had a look from our side and can see the visit went ahead as planned. How did this go please? Have you seen any improvements?

Please do let us know if you require any further assistance and we will be happy to help. 

Thanks, 

Nat

Yes, the service engineer came on Friday 6 May but he did not fix the problem. He was here for about 45 minutes and spent virtually the whole time on either his work phone or his private phone. And when he left, I still could not watch any live TV programs OR play any of my recordings. I can now do both. But there is still an issue with my recordings, in that even though I have NO recordings listed, it is still showing as 7 percent full! I phoned 150 again yesterday and they said the problem would be fixed that day. But I have rebooted my box and the problem has still NOT been fixed! 20230508_002803.jpg

Good Morning @Essex52, thanks for the update.

I've been able to look into the local area, and no outages currently appear to be present.

Can you please confirm if the issue reported to us is still ongoing?

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

No, the problem was not fixed so I had to phone 150 again on Wednesday. And after a long delay, the service agent finally said that they would send me a new 360 box. The box arrived yesterday 11 May 2023 and as soon as I signed in, all my favourite channels were still there 🙂 My 2 recordings were no longer there but I don't really care about that. I do however have to find and set up all my planned recordings again.... But at least my recordings showed 0 percent full when there were no recordings on there and the delay between pressing play or fast forward seems to have all but disappeared 🙂 

Hi @Essex52 thanks for your reply here.

Really sorry that you lost your recordings as a result of this, due to the new box but despite this, we're really pleased that it's been resolved with a new box for you!

If you do need any further help in the future, please post again here and we'll do our best to help.

Many thanks

Tom_W