cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recording won’t work

JordanFaine
Joining in

Hi, we have the newest virgin box and just recently any recordings from sky sports F1 won’t load at all they’re there but when we try to watch them it says error, this is the only recording that won’t work all others are fine from any other channel, we’ve tried resetting the box and internet which is brand new last week but nothing worked, starting to get fed up as we have a new issue every week 

6 REPLIES 6

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Check on this page but it sounds like you have a TV360?

Is there any error code when you try viewing this recording? Please post up a photo of the error message, it may well help.

Also do you subscribe to Sky Sports HD, or are you viewing it in SD?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

ozsat
Superstar

Recordings are not showing up on my boxes or on my mothers in a different area.

It looks as if it is a VM network issue.

==================================
1.2Gb/100Mb in Oxford (area 31) using SH5

ozsat
Superstar

It is now acknowledged in service status - https://www.virginmedia.com/support/help/service-status/identification/identify

@JordanFaine wrote:

Hi, we have the newest virgin box and just recently any recordings from sky sports F1 won’t load at all they’re there but when we try to watch them it says error, this is the only recording that won’t work all others are fine from any other channel, we’ve tried resetting the box and internet which is brand new last week but nothing worked, starting to get fed up as we have a new issue every week 

==================================
1.2Gb/100Mb in Oxford (area 31) using SH5

IMG_8759.jpeg

Hi 

it isn’t acknowledged in my area it says all looks good no issues I’m in the stoke area 

Do you have 2 360 boxes, a main box and a mini box, mini box is on the right,

roy247_1-1665833089880.jpeg

that message suggests you are trying to watch the recording on the mini box and it can't connect to the main box where the recording is, mini box has no hard drive so everything is recorded on the main box.

Make sure the main box is set to fast start or active start and not switched off at the plug.

Settings (cog on the right) System > Standby power consumption.

You have 3 choices, Fast start, Active start, and Eco start

If that doesn't work try this,

1. Turn off Hub
  2. Turn off 360 Main box and 360 Mini box
  3. Wait 5 minutes
  4. Turn on Hub and wait for broadband to reconnect
  5. Then turn both 360's on again.

This apparently should re-sync things.