Menu
Sawbocol
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Recording retrospectively on 360

Hi

We had V6 a few years ago and could scroll back 2 weeks and point and click to record any missed programmes.  Now back after a bad experience with Sky Q I'm very disapointed that that feature appears to be no longer available.  Am I correct? How can I record retrospectively?

Why do these experts insist on messing around with things which were perfectly fine? 360 is not as good as V6 - the old interface was way superior too.

thank you for any thoughts

0 Kudos
Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Recording retrospectively on 360

Sorry but the extent of the backward Guide is the same on both TiVo/V6 and the new TV 360 - one week.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Sawbocol
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

No not the retro guide, what I meant was that on the V6 I could record from last week's programm list but on 360 I cannot

0 Kudos
Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Please be clearer. What are you actually trying to do that you could on V6 but can’t on TV 360?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

0 Kudos
Sawbocol
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Apologies.  On the V6 I could scroll back to the programme list of the previous week, select one, hit record and it's job done.  On the 360 I can go back and view the list of programmes from last week but if I try to record one I get a message that the programme has already aired, ie I cannot record.  Also, I just thought - on the V6 if you switched on and started watching a programme which was half way through you could record the whole thing from the beginning, you can't do that now.  Let me know if that makes sense, thanks

0 Kudos
Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I’m not sure how you can record something that’s already been broadcast. Isn’t that what the TV 360 is telling you?

You are correct that V6 could record a program that had already started but only if the program was on a channel already connected and buffering, a maximum of 6 channels.

TV 360 has a facility called Startover, on about 30 channels, which allows you to watch a program that has already started from the beginning. I’m not sure if this is watch only or whether you can record from beginning on these channels. I’ll do a test when I get a chance.

0 Kudos