cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recording problems after getting a new TV 360.

daivrz
Joining in

Hi,

After reading in this forum, I think understand the problem. Still looking for a solution. Our TV 360 box was replaced. We still see the recordings we had on the old box, but they aren't on the hard drive. We can't edit them or delete them. When trying to watch one of these recordings, there's a message that the box called undefined needs to be switched on.

I've tried deleting the individual recordings (no error message, they just aren't removed) and also both options to delete all in the system settings. Nothing has worked. I also tried plugging the old box in again, but there is no account associated with it so it wouldn't start.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

If you are in Ireland then you will need to contact Virgin Ireland, this forum is for Virgin Media UK customers, so you will need to contact them at https://www.virginmedia.ie/contact/ 

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

roy247
Superstar

I would try using the TVGO app to delete them if you haven't already tried it.

I did try the Virgin TV Anywhere Ireland app. That gives the message "Action not possible. Your box is offline. Please turn it on and try again." The box is on. 

If you are in Ireland then you will need to contact Virgin Ireland, this forum is for Virgin Media UK customers, so you will need to contact them at https://www.virginmedia.ie/contact/ 

Apologies, but I did try to find help there. it's almost impossible to get past the solutions for stock questions, and then it seems the office hours are very limited too.

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Whether you are in Ireland or the UK, the answer is the same. Horizon is designed to record to the cloud (& does in the rest of Europe), a service that the broadcasters in both the UK & Ireland strictly forbid the use of. Therefore your programmes are instead recorded to a local hard disk. If you have had your box replaced, that hard disk no longer exists. The master list of the old recordings still remains on the server, & will until it is updated with the IP of the new hard drive.

This is something you will have to take up with VM Ireland, as this forum is for the UK companies customers & the two Virgin Media companies are totally separate entities.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks