cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recording past and planned disappear

angasu
Tuning in

My recordings and planned recordings all disappeared, it has happened four or five times since my box was upgraded from V6 to V360 in June 2022, it had not occurred before then

I previously did a factory reset which was suggested as a possible fix but the issue occured again last night. 

Is there anything else I need to try?

Thank you for any suggestions

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

roy247
Community elder

If the 360 is deleting your recordings it's a sign that the box is faulty, especially if it's done it more than once. You can either call Virgin on 150 from a Virgin phone, mobile or landline, or 0345 454 1111 from any other phone to report a fault, or wait here for one of the forum team to pick this up which might be 2 to 3 day's.

When phoning choose the option to report a fault, then ignore all the options offered and you should then be placed into a queue to speak to someone.

They might suggest you set the Auto delete option to off, it probably already is and shouldn't affect planned recordings but you can check by doing the following;

Press Home > Recordings > Recorded > View All > Manage Storage > Enter your pin > Auto delete when space needed > Set to Off.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

7 REPLIES 7

roy247
Community elder

If the 360 is deleting your recordings it's a sign that the box is faulty, especially if it's done it more than once. You can either call Virgin on 150 from a Virgin phone, mobile or landline, or 0345 454 1111 from any other phone to report a fault, or wait here for one of the forum team to pick this up which might be 2 to 3 day's.

When phoning choose the option to report a fault, then ignore all the options offered and you should then be placed into a queue to speak to someone.

They might suggest you set the Auto delete option to off, it probably already is and shouldn't affect planned recordings but you can check by doing the following;

Press Home > Recordings > Recorded > View All > Manage Storage > Enter your pin > Auto delete when space needed > Set to Off.

Lee_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @angasu thanks for posting and welcome back to our community.

Sorry to hear you've lost your recordings on numerous occasions, since migrating to TV 360.  Has the advice roy247 offered, resolved your issue?  Please do keep us updated.

Regards

Lee_R

Hi Lee_R,

Auto delete when space needed was already set to off as Roy247 expected so no change there. 

Haven't called Virgin so far, do you think that is best next action?

Thanks,

Angasu

Thank you for letting us know @angasu 

To best look into this, I have sent you a private message. Please look out for the purple envelope and provide a response when you can. 

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

No problem at all @angasu 

Please let me know how the appointment goes and if you need any further help.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

Thank You @Akua_A,

the box was replaced this morning,

Angasu

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @angasu 

Thanks for your response!

Absolutely great to hear so, please do keep us updated and let us know if the issue is all resolved now once you try again. 

Have a great weekend

Travis_M
Forum Team