cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recording in profiles -when is it being fixed?

Gamageh
Joining in

When are Virgin fixing the recordings being shared across profiles? When I rang about a month ago they said a few days but it still isn’t fixed! Sharing recording is an absolute nightmare in our house and people are missing stuff as shared recordings are getting deleted extra. It is the worst setup I have ever seen currently and want to go back to v6 boxes where everything was separate…. 

11 REPLIES 11

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Horizon V360 was designed to store recordings in the cloud (the way it is used in Liberty Global's other cable operations across Europe). In the UK & Ireland cloud recording is not yet allowed, so a unit with a hard disk had to be used with the Mini driveless boxes used elsewhere slaved off the main unit instead.

All new installations work in this way using Humax manufactured boxes, but VM wanted to be able to upgrade the existing TiVO driven Arris manufactured boxes to use Horizon as well. The result was a tweak to the firmware that allows recording on both hard drives where multiroom TiVO boxes are converted to Horizon.

I have yet to hear from anyone who has managed to get two Humax hard drive boxes, & its possible when one Arris box fails it will be replaced by a driveless Humax mini.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

roy247
Community elder

@nodrogd wrote:

I have yet to hear from anyone who has managed to get two Humax hard drive boxes, & its possible when one Arris box fails it will be replaced by a driveless Humax mini.

Original poster in this thread said he received 2 Humax boxes with hard drives and then got a third box with hard drive.

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Virgin-TV-360/New-boxes-and-I-can-record-to-both/td-p/4594900