cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recording in profiles -when is it being fixed?

Gamageh
Joining in

When are Virgin fixing the recordings being shared across profiles? When I rang about a month ago they said a few days but it still isn’t fixed! Sharing recording is an absolute nightmare in our house and people are missing stuff as shared recordings are getting deleted extra. It is the worst setup I have ever seen currently and want to go back to v6 boxes where everything was separate…. 

11 REPLIES 11

roy247
Community elder

@Gamageh wrote:

When are Virgin fixing the recordings being shared across profiles? When I rang about a month ago they said a few days but it still isn’t fixed! Sharing recording is an absolute nightmare in our house and people are missing stuff as shared recordings are getting deleted extra. It is the worst setup I have ever seen currently and want to go back to v6 boxes where everything was separate…. 

I doubt if any of the call centre staff would know if there was going to be a software upgrade that would make that change. I would try to learn to live with it as it is, as I doubt very much if it will change in the near future if indeed at all. 

BenMcr
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Gamageh wrote:

It's not broken - it's currently working as designed.

If recordings are changed to be per profile, then that's a software change not a fix, so may be on a roadmap for changes but won't be a priority.

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own

Ah interesting.... I was told on the phone by Virgin that the profiles function was currently broken and was being fixed and it would resolve the issue. I am absolutely gutted in this case and desperately want to go back in time and not upgrade in that case. It is useless as it is in our household I don't want to see everything my in-laws record and they certainly don't want to see mine - its awful and very frustrating and deletion of programs happens and stuff gets missed! I can actually say Virgin I hate it and this is a step back in life not forward!!!

How did you do it before with the Tivo software? there were no profiles on Tivo??

@Royalbeech wrote:

How did you do it before with the Tivo software? there were no profiles on Tivo??

I would assume due to having multiple boxes, so recordings on each box are by default kept separate (unless you specifically navigated to recordings on the other boxes), rather than all recordings showing up on all boxes on the 360. 

We had 2 separate v6 boxes before so they just recorded separately 

BenMcr
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
It is possible to set which series records to which box when you have more than one HDD box

In the recordings list view it's all possible to filter them by recordings 'on this box' - although you can't make that view the default.

I have search and I can’t see those settings/options anywhere thanks 

BenMcr
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
I'm not at home so don't have access to a 360 box at the moment so this may be slightly off.

But, for filtering existing recordings it's Saved > All Recordings and then there is a drop down option where you can pick (I think) 'Recorded shows on this box' or 'Planned Recordings on this box'

When you set a Series Link to record in the Advanced Settings there should also be an option as to which box it records on.

There is also place in the Settings I think where you can pick the 'default' box.