Menu
NelTaran
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Recording and playback

All my diagnosis are showing a good connection between the 360 box/hub/internet yet when I try to record it playback I get an alert saying that the 360 box is offline and that I need to turn it on. Any suggestions about what’s going on please. So far my 360 experience has been a shocker. Thanks. 

0 Kudos
newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Recording and playback

Hi NelTaran,

Is this the main 360 box or a mini box?

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I don't work for Virgin Media.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge. Learn more

Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules
0 Kudos
NelTaran
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hello, thanks for responding. It’s the mini box. I checked the main box and through fiddling with that I’ve got the mini box to play back. But...that leads me to conclude that the two boxes are linked in this new 360 configuration rather than independent as they have been previously (with a V6 and TiVo). This seems a really retrograde step (?) and not what I was expecting - or advised. 

0 Kudos
newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Check the settings on the main box. If it's on Eco mode that's what is causing the problem

Try switching it to fast or active 

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I don't work for Virgin Media.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge. Learn more

Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules
0 Kudos
roy247
Super solver
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

@NelTaran wrote:

Hello, thanks for responding. It’s the mini box. I checked the main box and through fiddling with that I’ve got the mini box to play back. But...that leads me to conclude that the two boxes are linked in this new 360 configuration rather than independent as they have been previously (with a V6 and TiVo). This seems a really retrograde step (?) and not what I was expecting - or advised. 

Before you could record on both boxes now you can only record on the main box as the mini box has no hard drive, both boxes need to be set to Fast start or Active start, you can still set recordings on the mini box and they record on the main box, you then basically stream from the main box.

0 Kudos
NelTaran
Tuning in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thank you @roy247 and @newapollo. 

0 Kudos