cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recording TV360

Ireneandpuddles
Just joined

When I try to record it says no hard drive - why? Worked perfectly on my other box

3 REPLIES 3

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The answer to this relies on some further info from yourself. TV360 comes in 2 versions - a master-box with a hard drive for recording, and a mini-box that doesn't. A mini wholly relies on the master box for all recording functionality. There's pictures of the two boxes...

1629411602364.jpg

When you say it worked perfectly on your "other box" - what do you mean by that? Specifically, what is this "other box" - did you convert to TV360 from a combination of TiVo and/or V6? Again - photos are at https://www.virginmedia.com/care/tv-fault/which-tv-box if you want to check.

The two most common reasons for hard drive errors on a TV360 will be either a master box with a HDD fault, or a mini-box that can't access the master. There are certain settings to mitigate point 2 - but if you could confirm some of this info, that would help further advice best target your situation.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

roy247
Community elder

If the error is " CS6002 Can't find hard drive " then you will need to call 150 from your Virgin phone, mobile or landline, or 0345 454 1111 from any other phone to report a fault because that's a sign that the box is faulty if you have a 360 main box. You can check which box you have with the pictures posted by japitts.

When phoning choose the option to report a fault, then ignore all the options offered and you should then be placed into a queue to speak to someone.

Robert_P
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello Ireneandpuddles

Sorry to hear of the hard drive problems with your set top box, we appreciate you raising this via the forums and welcome to the community.

As roy247 has advised, the error message indicates the hard drive has a fault. Were you able to speak to the team in regards to this since posting? If so, were they able to resolve the issue for you or do you still need support?

Please keep us up to date with this.

Rob