forumarchive,nothingtosee,
Menu
thrice
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Recording Confusion

I have two V6 boxes upgraded to run the 360 software. With version 4.28 I was given the option to choose which box to record on - in my case the living room or the bedroom. Since the software has been upgraded to 4.29 there is no longer this choice. Now when I set a recording I sometimes get an on-screen message about 'waking up the box' and to 'check that the recording has been scheduled'. Most times it is but sometimes it is not.

Does anyone know what is going on here?

0 Kudos
withitnow
Superfast
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Recording Confusion

Hey there

When you press record, select 'Advanced Options'. The select 'Choose TV box' to select which one to record to.

If you don't go into advanced settings when recording future programmes, it will default record to the last box you selected in advanced settings.

Thanks

Ultimate Oomph Bundle
thrice
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Ah! Got it now. Thanks, that was helpful. It explains why my failed recordings coincided with the 'waking up box' on-screen message. Clearly the other box doesn't like its sleep disturbed.

0 Kudos
NinjaMeerkat
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I thought if you had the upgrade done on 2 V6 STB's then recording continued to work on both. I know someone on another forum who confirmed this is how his newly upgraded STB's work.

0 Kudos
withitnow
Superfast
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hey

Yes, if you have 2 upgraded boxes or 2 new boxes that aren't minis, ie, have hard drives, you can record to both. 

Thanks

Ultimate Oomph Bundle
0 Kudos