cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Received wrong 360 box?

Zelda12345
Tuning in

Hi,

I have recently upgraded from Tivo to 360 but have only received a mini box. My contract states I should be getting a TV 360 box. Have I received the wrong one? It’s all working well, just am annoyed about the lack of recording feature,
I did see another post about a similar situation and the user phoned and got the mini replaced with the main one. Can I do this? 
 Please help! 
Zelda 

6 REPLIES 6

Roger_Gooner
Alessandro Volta

You do have the wrong box, call VM to sort this out.

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Just to clarify, how many TiVo/V6 did you have previously?

The primary box in any household is migrated (V6) or replaced (TiVo) with a TV360-master. Any subsequent boxes are TV360-minis by design.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi, 

I had an old TiVo box. It seems this morning when I went to record something to try, it worked. Is it possible last night the wifi was off and that’s why it wouldn’t record? 

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Here's a photo of the TV360-master & TV360-minis side-by-side - the mini is half-height due to no HDD.

Unlike the HDD-based system which the TiVo & V6 (same box as the TV360) use, TV360 uses server-based recording so if your internet connection is unavailable, this can cause issues with recording. A good test is to pause live TV for a short time and watch delayed - this is also a recording and uses the HDD in the same way. The TV360-mini has an approx 4 minute pause, anything more requires HDD.

1629411602364.jpg

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thanks, it seems I have received the mini. Can I swap this for the main one or is there no need if I’m able to record if the wifi is on?

Thanks for your help, much appreciated 

Hi @Zelda12345 👋.

Thanks for reaching out to us and welcome to the Community Forums. Apologies in the delay in responding and the issues that you are having with your 360 box. We would need to bring you in for a private message to discuss this and resolve. 

Please look out for the envelope on the top right of your web browser or if you are using a mobile device, it will be located under your profile icon.

Thanks.

Sabrina