Menu
hingus2000
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Receipt of boxes

Entered into a new contract (Ultimate Oomph) a week ago on the condition by the outbound retentions agent that I would be sent 360 boxes to replace our V6s. It couldn’t have been clearer that this was the case. He even took the serial numbers of the V6 boxes to process their return.

We’ve heard nothing further though and I’m slightly concerned that our new contract refers to V6 boxes.

Do people receive a dispatch notification ahead of receipt of 360 boxes and are they mentioned in the contract? I’ve tried calling but gave up on each occasion after 60+ mins holding. Similarly the text service is a joke, endless loop of “being in a queue” and then recommending with the bot the next day.

0 Kudos
Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Receipt of boxes

I would check your contract. It should, indeed, mention TV 360, e.g. mine says:

A499D22B-BBA8-4494-8D45-D9E3F8BD628A.jpeg

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

hingus2000
Joining in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thanks. Mine definitely says V6 so at best the retentions agent has made an error and at worse they’ve said anything to induce me into a new contract!

0 Kudos
speedy35
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Did you get the invitation for 360 trial or was it just a new contact ?
0 Kudos
hingus2000
Joining in
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

New contract. The whole tenor of the conversation was about me leaving for Sky Q and the agent saying “well we’ve got 360 now so why don’t I put you on that.” We discussed the return and swapping over of the boxes. It’s an absolute open and shut misrepresentation if I am in fact not being offered 360.

0 Kudos
speedy35
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Pretty sure all new contracts are getting the 360 box, recontracts will get 360 remotes and do upgrade on v6 box
Not 100% certain as I haven't been offered it yet
0 Kudos
hingus2000
Joining in
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Is there any reliable way to speak to anyone at VM these days? 

0 Kudos
hingus2000
Joining in
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

By way of update, waited 90 mins to speak to customer services, only to be transferred directly back to retentions. Fair play though they have added 360 boxes to the account, to come this weekend.

I then get an email with the new contract to see I’ve been charged a £35 activation fee. Never ever mentioned. If it’s not one thing it’s another with VM! 

0 Kudos
RAQUEL6
Fibre optic
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hey Hingus

When i got the V360 Kit, they waived the £35 fee, this was through webchat.. if you have the time i find this the best way to "talk" to them

Cheers

Kickoverthestatues
0 Kudos