cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: new v6 box already has someone else's netflix profile on it

Helen19782002
Joining in

This must happen frequently as I’ve just had virgin fit as a new customer today, and someone else is still logged in to Netflix.

so it isn’t just replacement as like for like when upgrading boxes. As a new customer I would expect a new box. Slightly disappointed 

4 REPLIES 4

David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for your post on our Community Forums @Helen19782002, and a very warm welcome to you!

Sorry to hear that Netflix doesn't appear to have been logged out on the set top box.

When set top boxes are returned to us, we would then factory reset the boxes and perform any repairs/updates that that needs to be completed before then issuing it out to a new customer.

Whilst I can appreciate that you would prefer a new set top box to be issued, if we were to do this for every customer, we would inevitably run short of equipment to customers very quickly.

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

A bit disturbing that.

Aside from not getting a new box as a new customer it raises all sorts of data protection issues.

My TV box was recently swapped out by a VM Technician (it didn’t fix the fault).  It was done in a hurry and I didn’t have a chance to log out of the various apps.  I trusted that the box would be securely wiped by VM. Hopefully that’s the case….

I guess the problem the OP had could be a process in various places - a mix up on the technician’s van through to the rework/wipe down factory 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I know a bit about Wi-Fi, Telecoms, and TV as I used to do it for a living but I'm not perfect so don't beat me up... If you make things you make mistakes!

I was told they wouldn’t have enough boxes to go around if they gave new to every new customer.
I won’t lie it was my exact thought on data protection. 
I would like to think that all my info was wiped from any old box, or the apps deleted and reinstalled maybe so people would have to log in????

Regards

Hi @Helen19782002 

Thanks for coming back to us.

Have you managed to clear the details and log in with your own? 

I will send you a PM so I can get the details and feed this back to DPO.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill