Menu
Robk13
Tuning in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin router to tv360 box connection?

• I'm the same, the virgin 360 box is useless as I have a smart TV like everyone else, so why would I want a tv box that doesn't do live tv through the Internet as all tvs have freeview. The coax cable to the router is a poor choice as I the range and reliability of the router. I've bought a 3rd party router as it has more range and reliability and won't use a Internet provider router again as they are seriously lacking.
Tags (4)
0 Kudos
nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

@Robk13 wrote:
  • I'm the same, the virgin 360 box is useless as I have a smart TV like everyone else, so why would I want a tv box that doesn't do live tv through the Internet as all tvs have freeview. The coax cable to the router is a poor choice as I the range and reliability of the router. I've bought a 3rd party router as it has more range and reliability and won't use a Internet provider router again as they are seriously lacking.

Virgin TV carries far more channels than Freeview, which is shrinking at a rate of knots due to the expansion of 5G mobile (you will lose another 15 channels next year when the COM7 mux is forced to close). If you were recording 6 HD channels simultaneously off of Broadband you would lose a huge chunk of your bandwidth. With linear broadcast channels you lose nothing.

Virgin BB TV Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, Virgin Mobile, Tesco Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

@Robk13 Whilst all modern TVs may have Freeview decoders built in they still require an aerial connection to use that service.  If you don't have an aerial or you have a broken one then that isn't a viable option.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos