cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: V6 upgrade to tv360

MSPerry
Tuning in

Did they say why because I have been advised that it doesn't matter which Hub is used and my Super hub 2 would be fine

12 REPLIES 12

BenMcr
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@MSPerry wrote:

Can you provide as reason why?

Being honest here, the reason why is because that's what Virgin Media have decided their products need.

All Virgin Media kit is rented as part of the subscription, and you agree when you take out services that Virgin Media can swap it for whatever operation reason they decide. Here's what the current terms say (older versions say the same or similar):

https://assets.virginmedia.com/resources/pdf/J957_VM_T&Cs_October_2021_V5.pdf

H. Using the equipment

1. We provide equipment to you for as long as you continue to receive services from us. The equipment remains our property at all times and we may need to alter or replace it from time to time. For us to do this, we may need reasonable access to your home. We also need you to follow our reasonable instructions if we need to send you replacement equipment, for example where we need to upgrade our hub or set-top-box for security or performance improvements.

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own

@MSPerry wrote:

Hi Tom,

Thanks I have twice been advised today it will as long as I 50M line or above and I have 200M.

Can you provide as reason why? as I was advised on half a dozen occasions doesn't matter about the hardware?  I am connecting it via Ethernet as well.

Shame because i have stuck with the Superhub 2 and declined the Superhub 3 because of so much negative feedback about the 3 and people wanting to go back to the 2.

Mark 🙂

If you're avoiding the change from Superhub 2 to 3 because you've heard bad things about it, it's probably worth reading up a bit more on the 360 to decide if you really want to change anyway, it's definitely a downgrade in a number of areas, with very few benefits beyond a flashier looking interface (which seems to be more hassle to navigate).

Fair comment thank you!