cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: V6 to TV360 Upgrade Failed error MA1/4/0

Biobooster77
Joining in

Funny enough I just got a 360 remote no new  box, so I called the number (020 3706 5284) and they said that they now upgrade the V6 box via software update.

She took the serial number and sent the update, I restarted the V6 box and the menu etc looked the same, buttons on the control was working except any of the volume buttons, so I also tried using my universal remote connection via my LG Nano just in case the remote needed to be connected to the TV and still the same result, It wasn't doing it and getting the same error code MA1/4/0 - this was via the app on the V6 box and via the VM customer faults dept, lady I spoke to was very nice and polite trying to help, and she couldn't figure out the error code, it ended with no update and said that she will have to call me back tomorrow.... to sort out.

4 REPLIES 4

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Biobooster77

Error MA1/4/40  is often due to a migration issue.

A few other people with this error have managed to perform the update by either removing the box from the mains for five minutes and trying again, or by deleting recordings to make more space and then trying again.

You could also try turning off the V6 at switch;  then on the V6 box  hold down both the power button and the + button at the same time.

Then turn on the V6 again whilst keeping hold of those buttons for a further 30 seconds.

The box should reboot, the power button will turn blue, and fingers crossed it will reset and boot up normally, and then hopefully install the 360 software update.

If that doesn't work it's probably a settings issue at the VM end. The software upgrade has been started but the billing system doesn’t know which account to tie your equipment to activate the box. 

The Faults team may be able to fix this, if not they will escalate it to 2nd level support to fix it over the phone by sending a new update signal.

If that also fails it will need an engineer visit to change the box

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Hiya 👋 @newapollo thanks for the feedback but the code you specified MA1/4/40 is not that code unless it was a typo?

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi again @Biobooster77 

All codes beginning MA are a 360 box specific error code (even though the box is still running V6) due to a migration issue meaning the box is unable to complete the upgrade. This is due to the box either not being activated, unable to complete the update process, or the software upgrade has been started but the billing system doesn’t know which account to tie the equipment to in order to activate the box.

The same physical steps I described that the customer can take take in order to try and complete the upgrade process without having to contact VM are used for all MA error codes.

If those steps still fail then VM (usually second level support) try to resend the update signal, making sure they are being sent to the correct  boxes (ie the right serial numbers) sometimes they have to reset their system as it shows the process has completed even though it's been unsuccessful and the customers box is still running the older Tivo interface, or is stuck in a bootloop/download loop.

If the second team can't force the regrade through from their end then they send out a tech to replace the box(es)

Some examples numbers are  MA1/4/40, MA1/4/0, MA3/14/40, MA1/3/50,

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Biobooster77,

Welcome to the Community and thank you for posting. 

We are very sorry for the issues with the update. 

When checking from our side, we can see you have spoken with the team and they have been able to assist further, 

Please do let us know if there is anything further we can help with from here. 

Thanks, 

Nat