cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: V6 Upgrade

bertie_B
Tuning in

Hi - apologies for the thread hi-jack

we're having the same issue -   V6 box,  but no option to upgrade to TV360  under Apps and Games

thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @bertie_B 

If you have a V6 box, you can't do the trigger for the upgrade without first upgrading the box itself via contacting the team. Please do contact the team on those above methods to do this upgrade, we'll send you out the remotes to then do it.

Best wishes.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @bertie_B 

Thanks for posting and welcome back to the community - please do create your own thread in the future 🙂 we've moved it this time for you.

Have you contacted the team to do the upgrade? The upgrades would only work via the app on the box if you've done the package change/upgrade.

Please either call the team on 150 / 0345 454 1111 or message via Whatsapp on +447305 327 112 and we'll be happy to help 🙂

Best wishes.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

OK -  its confusing in the on-line instructions,  they suggest you "trigger" it from the section in "apps and games"  - then when you get the hand-set,  go back and "install"  from the same area.

I cant access any "upgrade" online for my account as the page keeps going to "oops we seem to have a problem"  and that's been happening for three weeks since Ive been looking at this.

I managed to speak to someone about another matter (renewing/refreshing my contract and package) - who, by the way appeared VERY disinterested in what I had to say),  and said she could do nothing about 360 and it needs to be done via the V6 box !!!

Have you searched this forum to see some the issues with tv360? It is not an upgrade just a different system which loses many features of the v6. Try sorting by most commented.

Hi @bertie_B 

If you have a V6 box, you can't do the trigger for the upgrade without first upgrading the box itself via contacting the team. Please do contact the team on those above methods to do this upgrade, we'll send you out the remotes to then do it.

Best wishes.

John_GS
Forum Team

yes of course,  hence the post was moved from the other thread 🙂 

Im well aware of what it is,  and FYI  Its labeled "upgrade"  by Virgin