1 unlimited sim  as part of package 

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Upgrading to V360 Questions

Should be FOC on Ultimate Oomph, further info on https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/customer/virgin-tv-360-upgrade 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

stuey2510
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

is it worth upgrading to it yet?

0 Kudos
newapollo
Hero
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Stuey2510,

Your mileage may vary, but I never used all the bells and whistles with the V6 so haven't had any issues, apart from the EPG freezing a couple of times, although that happened more frequently on the V6. 

Personally I find the interface easier on the eye, faster to use, especially with the voice control. I also find the picture to be superior to the V6.

A lot of people that had HDCP issues and blank screens with apps on the V6, find it doesn't seem to be a problem with the TV360.

Like TIVO and the V6 (and Sky and their boxes) when they first came out, there are a few teething issues, however the Horizon software is constantly being updated to remove bugs and offer a better user experience

Due to licencing agreements Netflix isn't supported in the global search, and All4 isn't an app in it's own right but content is accessible via the Catch Up menu by selecting from the channel drop down list.

If you read the forums you will find a good many users are unhappy with the TV360 compared to the older TIVO and V6 boxes, mainly due to recording features not being on a par with the older boxes, problems because there is no undelete button, and a few issues with sound being out of sync.

There's a lot of info on using the 360 <<< here >>>  also a number of 360 videos  on youtube 

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

@stuey2510 wrote:

is it worth upgrading to it yet?

Ultimately only you can decide whether a migration to 360 is worth it, but remember it's a one-way trip. At the moment the two software platforms are different - 360 has some new features (voice control & profiles, to name 2) that TiVo will never have, but TiVo/V6 has some advantages in terms of EPG data & recording/series link functionality. Other things like bookmarking VoD content, is done differently but does work on both.

There'll be other pros & cons of each, that I can't currently think of too.

VM's TiVo platform is quite mature & stable, and is unlikely to develop much further beyond legal/regulatory requirements. 360 has plenty of room for improvement, and I'm sure will.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks