cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Thought it was wireless

Dunn3y
Tuning in

Hi there. This topic is similar to my situation. I've just received the TV360 box as part of the BB/sim upgrade package.

I can't install the box where I can connect both the coax to the router and an HDMI to the telly.

Is it possible to connect the HDMI and WiFi/Ethernet, without the coax, and just use the box for on demand and catch-up without the live TV function?

Thanks 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

1701-e
Superfast

No as the TV 360 needs the feed in from Virgin via the coax cable.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

9 REPLIES 9

1701-e
Superfast

No as the TV 360 needs the feed in from Virgin via the coax cable.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If you don't have a co-ax connection where you want to use the box, then you can request a manned installation.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Carley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Dunn3y 

Welcome to the community forums

Thanks for getting in touch regarding your 360 installation query. 

I can see that the community have helped to support answering your query, Please do let us know if you need any further support at all regarding your installation and we'll be able to support further if needed. 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

Hello Carley.

Last week I agreed to the upgrade package for 1gb broadband, TV360, and O2 sim.

I'm still not sure where to put the TV box, so haven't used it. Also haven't got round to activating the sim card.

As yet I haven't seen an increase in my broadband speed. Is it dependent on activating the other two items?

Thanks 

I've just answered my own question. My broadband speed has increased now I've registered the TV360 and O2 sim.

Dunn3y
Tuning in

I have installed the TV360 with HDMI to my telly and a WiFi connection, without any coax cabling. It does work for all streaming apps and catch-up etc. Obviously no live TV is available.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Dunn3y,

Thanks for coming back to us about your ongoing issue with your TV360.

We'll be happy to arrange for a technician to come out to help you install the TV box in full. 

I'll send you a Private Message to confirm a few details. Please keep an eye out for an envelope at the top right corner of your Forum page. If you're not able to locate this, please let me know and I can help. I'll be in touch soon.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

To watch ‘live’ tv on an un-cabled box: (1) record the channel you want to watch via your main box (2) Go to ‘recordings’ on your second box and click the recording you want to watch and you will be able to watch the live program with just a brief delay. 

Hey Freindy, thank you for reaching out and a warm welcome to the community glad to have you on board.

Thank you for posting some advice 🙂 Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?