cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: TV error code C218

Gerard-London
Joining in

This is happening to me now and has been for a few months. I'm not very happy with Virgin lately and I pay over £100 a month and its a shoddy service. I'm going to look around at other providers and see that the deal is.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Gerard-London,

Welcome to the community!

From reviewing the error code it would indicate that it is a V6 box.

The first step I'd advise is to reboot both the Hub and the TV box (not from the mains) and ensure both coax cables are securely fastened.

If that doesn't resolve your issue then, please reconnect the TV box to the router via these steps;

Navigate to Home>Help & Settings>Settings>Network>Change Network Settings

Once done, select the option Connect to WiFi

Let us know how you get on!

Kain

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Gerard-London 

There isn't an error code C218 on the 360 box. All the 360 error codes begin with the prefix CS.

Do you have a V6?. The boxes look the same but the 360 has voice control on the remote.

If it is a V6 then the error code would probably relate to your internet connection dropping on the set top box.

An ethernet connection is better than WiFi.

Do you have problems with the internet dropping on other devices?

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Gerard-Londonhad originally tacked onto someone elses thread in the 360 board and I quickly moved their post to a new thread earlier 😉

Can you check on this page as to which box you have? Also a TiVo/V6 has the TiVo logo in the top-right corner next to the video preview screen.

Confirming which box you have, and the error code - will both help us to offer advice/resolution.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Gerard-London,

Welcome to the community!

From reviewing the error code it would indicate that it is a V6 box.

The first step I'd advise is to reboot both the Hub and the TV box (not from the mains) and ensure both coax cables are securely fastened.

If that doesn't resolve your issue then, please reconnect the TV box to the router via these steps;

Navigate to Home>Help & Settings>Settings>Network>Change Network Settings

Once done, select the option Connect to WiFi

Let us know how you get on!

Kain