Menu
Acusack
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Sky movies demand in uhd

Hi

I also noticed last night when watching Shazam on demand how crystal clear the picture was I also checked the info on the tv and got the same results 2160p on movie and 1080i on other box sets it also says hd 4k on the info page for the movie so I checked other movies and most just have the sd hd logo so it looks like only a select number of movies are in 4k like it was when hd first came to virgin the thing is with the tv360 box unlike the v6 you don’t get the option to pick which stream you want you automatically get the best stream so it looks like 4k is starting to roll out slowly 

0 Kudos
Marksch87
Joining in
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I've got Virgin 360 too and same when watching Twist it's says on info it's in 4k and the picture quality is 4k quality, so they must be pumping 4k content now on sky movies. Hopefully sky sports will follow soon 👍

0 Kudos
ozsat
Community elder
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

All streaming from the V6 and TV360 is upscaled to 4k  -  it is only streaming in HD - except for some Youtive and the VM Ultra 4K stuff.

==================================
VIVID 600 (690/44mb) in Area 31
0 Kudos
Treble1
Superfast
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

yes same here my tv reported 2160 on twist i did read somewhere that feb we would get the 4k stuff

0 Kudos
jonathanpye
Fibre optic
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

@ozsat wrote:

All streaming from the V6 and TV360 is upscaled to 4k  -  it is only streaming in HD - except for some Youtive and the VM Ultra 4K stuff.

I believed this to be the case also and yes all formats are upscaled to the TV by the the tv360 box. Yet, I now have doubts in regard on demand films because if you select certain films on sky cinema and look at the video and audio transmission information when you scroll down past the film description  some do specify HD / 4K whilst most say HD only. Therefore,  either this is incorrect information based on skys own transmission options rather than VM or we do indeed have some film content on demand in 4k on the tv360.

Could any VM forum team comment on if there is some on demand films being streamed in 4K?

Equipment;
HUB4
x2 V6 Upgraded to tv360
Ultimate Ooomph Gig1
Wifi Plus
VM Telly Tablet
0 Kudos