cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Sky News Buffering

charscot
Dialled in

I have exactly the same issue since the latest loss of service on VM except in my case it is Sky Sports News channel that is pixelated and having buffering issues.

Have done the reboot, no improvement. Any other channels I should check on the same TX as SSN ?

Will probably wait for someone on here to help from VM as they seem more informed/helpful on here than when randomly ringing them.

6 REPLIES 6

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @charscot 

Is that Sky Sports News SD, or HD?

Blaze, Nickelodeon, Horror Xtra+1, ITV4 +1, Sky Witness +1  and TCM are on the same mux as Sky Sports News SD

BT Sports3 HD, Sky Hits HD, Sky Animation HD, Sky Max HD, and NBC News Now are on the same mux as Sky Sports News HD

If the same channels are pixellated then it appears to be a signal issue.

Double check all your wiring is snug and tight and free  from any kinks especially the white coaxial

If after doing that it's still the same then you need to contact faults/.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Freebo
Tuning in

Thanks

Thanks newapollo. It is indeed the HD version and the channels you list are also pixelated.

Will re-check all the connections and if that doesn't fix it I will contact faults, thanks.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@charscot wrote:

Will probably wait for someone on here to help from VM as they seem more informed/helpful on here than when randomly ringing them.

And it's for this reason that adding "me too" to someone else's thread is rarely helpful in the long run. Multiple users with their own issues in one thread can become confusing.

Not to worry here, I've split @charscot posts into a new thread.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Freebo
Tuning in
Thank you for your interest .

Apologies. Meant to save on excess threads with the same issue but will post new threads in future.