Menu
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Signal on certain channels.

Is there a way to check signal levels on the 360? I’d like to do this, as having a similar issue. 

Sky One HD is often out of sync with speech despite a reboot/reset. Recording on the same channel has the same issue. Particularly bad watching Mission Impossible 3 last night and Resident Alien on Thursday. 

Sky Nature HD is particularly bad on occasions, too. It’s as if some images are not rendering properly. 

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Issues on certain channels.

I'm not sure rendering & sound-sync issues would be caused by poor signal. If you have signal issues, it would tend to cause pixellation or other breakup.

A/V kit config, sound setting (PCM/Dolby) are where I'd also be looking if you have sound/picture out of sync.

Caveat: I use a V6, so have no idea where this config would be on a 360

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Issues on certain channels.

Thank you. As much as I love 360, I think this could be software related. No amount of reboots or resets fix the issue and sound is only via my TV.

0 Kudos
starlir
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Try turning Dolby off in the audio settings. Consensus elsewhere on the forums is that there is a software issue with handling of Dolby on the 360 box.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks, @starlir - so far so good!
0 Kudos